XS6502F / XS650SK mash up?

The only thing I see that may be amiss is the cam bearings. Did you push them on each end of the cam as far in as they would go? In your last pic, they don't look inset much. I know it looks wrong when you're assembling it because the inner bearing on each side hangs off the seat area in the head, but that's how it's got to be so the bearings sit in enough to allow clearance for the points/advance housings and also to keep the cam centered .....
Thank you! It's not too late to fix that and probably why I had so much trouble keeping the last one from leaking.

Thank you! It's not too late to fix that and probably why I had so much trouble keeping the last one from leaking.
As long as you haven't torqued the head, you're good.

Use the cam covers to center the cam and bearings. Take the gasket and o-rings off and screw the cam covers on. That will center everything. Pull 'em back off, put the gaskets on and proceed with assembly.

Cam Centering.png

As long as you haven't torqued the head, you're good.

Use the cam covers to center the cam and bearings. Take the gasket and o-rings off and screw the cam covers on. That will center everything. Pull 'em back off, put the gaskets on and proceed with assembly.

View attachment 233030
The head is not secured. I'm still golden. Thanks!

The AlloyBoltz kit is mostly complete. So, I’m using it up. There’s a big disadvantage here. My 27mm box end wrench won’t fit on the lock nut with the middle socket heads in place. I don’t know whether or not I’ll be willing to put up with that.

8E245D41-9F97-4E1B-A1A8-6F5A80581B4A.jpeg

The AlloyBoltz kit is mostly complete. So, I’m using it up. There’s a big disadvantage here. My 27mm box end wrench won’t fit on the lock nut with the middle socket heads in place. I don’t know whether or not I’ll be willing to put up with that.

View attachment 233447
Temporarily remove a middle one for adjustment purposes, then re-install it. I don't see any downside to that method, apart from extra footeriness.

169A295A-FB95-4844-AB2F-227E1218DC7C.jpeg
55600A61-87A6-479F-A76F-BF4B7B4DDF0D.jpeg

@gggGary turned me on to this fender. I don’t know what thread. It came from AliExpress in China. I paid $87 on March 12 and it’s on my bike in Mississippi on March 27. Shipping was included in that price. The curve is appropriate to the 19 inch wheel. If the chrome doesn’t peel off, I’m good with it. I think it’s very close to the same gauge as the OE fender. For now, it’s going on the shelf.

View attachment 239086View attachment 239087
@gggGary turned me on to this fender. I don’t know what thread. It came from AliExpress in China. I paid $87 on March 12 and it’s on my bike in Mississippi on March 27. Shipping was included in that price. The curve is appropriate to the 19 inch wheel. If the chrome doesn’t peel off, I’m good with it. I think it’s very close to the same gauge as the OE fender. For now, it’s going on the shelf.

I like it! At first glance I thought you were showing us that you chopped your fender. I was thinking you did a good job! 😄

I noticed in Gary's pic of that fender that the bolts holding the brackets to the fender looked a bit long. They OK?

Well, nothing some nice shorter stainless buttonheads won't fix. And if you got them just the right length, you could flip them over, put the buttonhead underneath, and use a nice stainless acorn on top.

Back