Yamaha back in Expert/ Pro Twins flat track racing!

I guess one could see the FZ-07 as a successor of the XS and also the TRX/TDM 850. Paralell twins all of them, and with a 270 degree crankshaft, just like a rephased XS. At least I am thrilled by new developments with 2 cylinder engines, either V-twins or parallell/ inline configuration.

2014_fz-07_engin_us_4.jpg

~kop

I'm a fan. The Kawi was strong in the mile, not so much in the half mile at first, but now it's strong everywhere. I'd love to see a race somewhere in Texas on the calendar soon.

Posted via Mobile

I didn't understand how the Kaw could be putting a hurt on Hardly Ableson's XR until I test rode a Ninja 650. The pieces of the puzzle fell into place fast--low center of gravity, linear steering, and soft, controllable power delivery. I bought it without thinking twice.

75x74 vs 80x68.6
roller crank vs plain bearing
cast liners vs plated cylinders
360 vs 270
crunch-box vs "real" gearbox

I'd stroke it to get to 749cc :) !!!

81.5 x 71.5 seems in line with what the piano tuners are thinking . that's just a 2.9 mm stroke increase (less than 1.5mm clearance all around ) The bore increase would allow room for slightly larger valves and some unshrouding of the inlet . Maintaining some realistic balance factor would be appropriate . But why 270/90 ? . Why not 284/76 or , heh , better yet 315/45 :) just food for thought gentlemen and you too Dick :)

Oh no!
I sat on a FZ-07 today
Might have to get me one of those
Real light, short chassis, good seat, 70+ HP
4 piston calipers
It should be a great bike in the twistys
Has anyone heard one run?

Back