Yamaha XS880 rephased

Howards race sidecar looks amazing,sounds great for a rephase and workmanship is top notch. 90HP strapped between two XS wheels
would definitely be an thrilling experience :bike:
Steve Mann built all the sidecar itself, he is very skilled, he painted my XS1 the beautiful green colour they were, it looks as good. My forte is design engineering, I have a skill in designing parts. All the high perf replacement engine parts were from me. Smedspeed in the UK keep all the parts, valves, liners, etc. He gets bike of the meeting a lo0t, it looks much nicer in the flesh

Hi Howard,

Thanks for contributing to the forum. I still have those 880 parts and the Euro crank you sent me. The engine still isn’t built yet I have been off on a tangent but will be back to it soon.

I have found the info on you put on the Smedspeed website very helpful. Good luck for next season.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for contributing to the forum. I still have those 880 parts and the Euro crank you sent me. The engine still isn’t built yet I have been off on a tangent but will be back to it soon.

I have found the info on you put on the Smedspeed website very helpful. Good luck for next season.

Thank you, Rick runs Smedspeed now, but I still have a lot to do with the racing. If you need exact details on the 880 build, let me know.
most of the 880 parts are order only, as we don't build too many, but I am sure you saw the dyno sheet. Strange thing is its all true

Back