YamahaXS650.com Problems Again

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a seat from yamahaxs650.com and told them it needed to modify the seat to fit. I did not ask for my money back but they did give me my $199 back. I though great.
I wanted to order another seat and the web let me but they gave me my money back and said they would not sell me one. Is that a reason to turn a sell down? I do not think so. I guess they did not like me telling them the BBK holes were too small. They just lost all of my business.
I guess I will pay more and get my parts from xs650direct.com or Mikexs.net.

Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 10:56 AM
To: BowlingSS@comcast.net
Subject: Order # 22712 Replica Seat Assembly

Hi William Bowling,
We would like to let you know that all the Seats we have now are the same as what you bought, so we decline to sell you any more of these seats. We are going to refund you this order .
Sorry for this inconvenience.
Kim Bui for Yamahaxs650.com

I had a good relationship with them. I bought a grab rail for my '77 because they said it would fit Standards...it doesn't. I told them and they promptly refunded my money. A few days later, they sent a UPS return shipping label. I boxed it up and sent it back. I don't know if they changed their description of it or not.
>>>>>>>Sorry you are having problems.

Just to play devils advocate.... They let you know the seat they have wouldn't work for you, refunded your order and apologized for your inconvenience. I'd call that good service.
Never ordered from them, but many sites let you add notes to the order. Perhaps add this:
I fully understand this seat won't fit as delivered. I'm willing to modify your seat to fit my needs. Thanks.

Just to play devils advocate.... They let you know the seat they have wouldn't work for you, refunded your order and apologized for your inconvenience. I'd call that good service.
Never ordered from them, but many sites let you add notes to the order. Perhaps add this:
I fully understand this seat won't fit as delivered. I'm willing to modify your seat to fit my needs. Thanks.
I did ask them that and they said NO. I already ordered one from xs650direct.

I bought a seat from yamahaxs650.com and told them it needed to modify the seat to fit. I did not ask for my money back but they did give me my $199 back. I though great.
I wanted to order another seat and the web let me but they gave me my money back and said they would not sell me one. Is that a reason to turn a sell down? I do not think so. I guess they did not like me telling them the BBK holes were too small. They just lost all of my business.
I guess I will pay more and get my parts from xs650direct.com or Mikexs.net.

Sent: Friday, August 27, 2021 10:56 AM
To: BowlingSS@comcast.net
Subject: Order # 22712 Replica Seat Assembly

Hi William Bowling,
We would like to let you know that all the Seats we have now are the same as what you bought, so we decline to sell you any more of these seats. We are going to refund you this order .
Sorry for this inconvenience.
Kim Bui for Yamahaxs650.com

I think yamahaxs650.com would be quite happy if you bought from 650Direct. It all comes from Mike L's warehouse

Skull, Yamahaxs650.com's stuff comes from Mike L's ware house? as in Mike's XS? Dime city?

I get why they did it, but they should have done it differently. Look at it through a business perspective. You purchased a seat and it didn't fit as it should, you politely explained that to them not expecting anything in return, and they gave you a refund for the hassle. Thats good business practice there. BUT, you then ordered the same very seat, again, that you told them didn't fit without modification. They are probably thinking you're trying to swindle them to get money back again, and also another free seat. Not your intention, but something that happens ALOT. What they should have said was "we were made aware that this seat does not fit and gave refund due to this. No refund or exchanges will be allowed on the second order of the seat" That way you get the seat, and they can defend themselves by saying you both acknowledged the issue but continued with the purchase anyways.

Back