-Xs79-

Please note that setting the points on a 650 can be pain. I would try the Chinese points again and that would get you back on the road.

I share some photos of the crew.
FB_IMG_16195443482800772.jpg FB_IMG_16195443372169565.jpg FB_IMG_16195442684510801.jpg FB_IMG_16195442595031351.jpg

From a cost standpoint a real set of points is your cheapest option.
Yes, at least it would get him back on the road. Lanz, I think I have a good set of used points. You can have them for the cost of shipping if you're interested?

Sí, al menos lo haría volver a la carretera. Lanz, creo que tengo un buen conjunto de puntos usados. ¿Puede tenerlos por el costo de envío si está interesado?

Yes, at least it would get him back on the road. Lanz, I think I have a good set of used points. You can have them for the cost of shipping if you're interested?

Sí, al menos lo haría volver a la carretera. Lanz, creo que tengo un buen conjunto de puntos usados. ¿Puede tenerlos por el costo de envío si está interesado?

I would like to order them in a few more months as I manage to balance my expenses, but of course I will send you a message. Thanks.

Ese rotor está sincronizado correctamente, pero el anillo está demasiado masticado para ser utilizable.
El orificio de recogida en el estator está roto.

View attachment 190063

This photo, although the rotor corresponds to the marks, that is not my tdc, in that image the cylinder is another point of the stroke.
This is my tdc.
182551-3099f5aef176d7c78660232ed47aa4fd.jpg

So I guess gonzo mode won't work if my time is off these marks, right?

So I guess gonzo mode won't work if my time is off these marks, right?
Means your rotor wasn't reassembled correctly. So no, it wouldn't work.
Significa que su rotor no se volvió a montar correctamente. Entonces no, no funcionaría.

Means your rotor wasn't reassembled correctly. So no, it wouldn't work.
Significa que su rotor no se volvió a montar correctamente. Entonces no, no funcionaría.

I find it curious that it is not in the correct position, as once they helped me remove it and it had a woodruff key in position and there was only one way to put it back.
Any explanation for that?

Any explanation for that?
If you take it apart to rewind it, you have to have your wits about you when you press it back together or you'll get it timed off. I suspect that's what happened. A lot of shops don't realized the magnet and timing mark are critical.

Si lo desarma para rebobinarlo, debe tener su ingenio cuando lo vuelva a presionar o lo detendrá el tiempo. Sospecho que eso es lo que pasó. Muchas tiendas no se dan cuenta de que el imán y la marca de sincronización son fundamentales.

If you take it apart to rewind it, you have to have your wits about you when you press it back together or you'll get it timed off. I suspect that's what happened. A lot of shops don't realized the magnet and timing mark are critical.

Si lo desarma para rebobinarlo, debe tener su ingenio cuando lo vuelva a presionar o lo detendrá el tiempo. Sospecho que eso es lo que pasó. Muchas tiendas no se dan cuenta de que el imán y la marca de sincronización son fundamentales.

That crossed my mind when I was watching your rewinding rotor post.
This is bad news for the middle of the week. I was excited about the gonzo mode. Life is not how you want it sometimes.

The face of that rotor is in such ruff shape that it's going need to replaced soon anyway.

Put points on it and ride till rotor won't charge.

I seem to remember someone here replating the copper rings but maybe might of been something else. Do a search for copper plating on the forum.

Thanks for sharing pics.
Looks like a great place to find other motorcyclists and fun people !
View attachment 191792
View attachment 191793
Wish you could roll up to my spare parts shelf, a few times now..
un mundo de distancia!

I will continue sharing with all of you, it is the best forum I have ever been to.

Excellent view for the sunset, it has a beautiful motorcycle too.

:cheers:

Back