Z650 RS

650Skull

Cockytoo
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Would you, Nice mid-range size with 67 ponies.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/kawasaki-reveals-the-retro-z650-rs/

https://amcn.com.au/editorial/kawasaki-z650rs/

2022-kawasaki-z650rs-candy-emerald-green-1536x864.jpg
2022-kawasaki-z650rs-metallic-spark-black-1536x864.jpg
18my_z900rs_angle_28.jpg

Might be a good bike --But might also be the worst video I have ever seen. In real world I would have walked out after the third Perfect.
I get the impression that neither of those 2 have been on a motorcycle around the block even
She most likely is a swim suit model.
That is fine .. And perhaps the customer base is different than before
But the USB connection is that really important ??
I am not updated about the competition but the Royal Enfield has gotten god press
And Yamaha has a couple that I think is stiff competition.
I would also look at Husqvarna in that size bikes Also getting good reviews
I believe this wont make it. But again with bikes there are clear differences
And prices is a factor.

I think this bike looks great. I was VERY interested in the z900rs, and still am. I think Kawasaki is nailing the "modern retro" segment. I can't think of any other bike competing that comes close to achieving what they have.

I added a dual USB port on my SG. Keep the phone charged while you play your mp3 tunes. Maybe the helmet bluetooth can be charged. Never had a helmet with one so I don't know for sure. Comes in handy.
As for the bike, yeah, I'd ride that. Naked bikes are getting hard to find. I like the retro look it has too. I'm surprised the engine does not have a UJM style engine to go with the (K)Z 650 designation.

Overall i am impressed with Kawasaki's line of retrobikes...and i feel they're bikes are better than than their Yamaha equivalents.. Kawasaki..and likey every other manufacturer ..leaves alot on the table..meaning folks have to go to the aftermarket for things like an ECU flash to smooth out the throttle response..engine air management etc...Shoodaben reflash is pretty well known for a number of Kawasakis' including the Concours C14 and earlier models as well...

I like the looks and the idea of the bike. I really like the Z900 too. Granted I haven't looked at a price for this bike but I can't imagine that it is down in a range that makes sense for me though. I am a tight wad when it comes to stuff like this, but there are probably a ton of used bikes that I would like just as much or more that can be had for less money and that will keep me off stuff like the retro bikes several manufacturers are making right now.

Price is around $10,500. Which to me seems high for it. Sure it's right around the price of other retros, but for that money I'd probably get a Triumph Street Twin and outfit it a bit. Comparing used bikes to new bikes is kind of weird. Sure, there are a ton of bikes out there that are probably cheaper and just as much fun, but they aren't THIS bike. Buying a new bike only makes sense if 1. You have the cash for it or 2. You absolutely love that particular bike. I've owned a few new bikes, and a metric ton of used ones. I've come to the conclusion that if I want to wrench on a bike, I'll buy a used one. If I actually want to ride, I buy new or used from a dealer. To each their own. Buy and ride what fits your budget

Price is around $10,500.
That being the case, if I were in the market for a new 650 cc retro bike I'd be looking at the Royal Enfield. It's proving to be good quality and that's a lot of Benjamins in the price difference. The RE is just great to ride and you can not get anything more retro. Just the same, I hope Kawasaki can sell a bunch of them.
OTOH, I bought my brand new XS650 when I was a college student for $2000 out the door. How many 20 somethings have 10 large to spend on a toy these days?

It's interesting as something that can be considered a "Standard". Something that has all but perished in this day when almost everything is some kind of pseudo Sport Bike, ADV or Cruiser

It's interesting as something that can be considered a "Standard". Something that has all but perished in this day when almost everything is some kind of pseudo Sport Bike, ADV or Cruiser
interceptor650.jpg

To me, this is what a motorcycle looks like.

12371.jpg

This is also what a motorcycle looks like.

That being the case, if I were in the market for a new 650 cc retro bike I'd be looking at the Royal Enfield. It's proving to be good quality and that's a lot of Benjamins in the price difference. The RE is just great to ride and you can not get anything more retro. Just the same, I hope Kawasaki can sell a bunch of them.
OTOH, I bought my brand new XS650 when I was a college student for $2000 out the door. How many 20 somethings have 10 large to spend on a toy these days?

Honestly I'd probably save for an extra month or two and pick up the RE interceptor and the Himalayan for the same 10,500. Royal Enfield is doing great stuff now. Rumors are a 650 Himalayan is in the works. Once that drops I'll be there check book in hand. That said, I'm also not afraid to drop cash on something I enjoy, even if it means cutting something else out of my budget for it. A lot of people say they can't afford something and pick up a case of beer and pack of smokes on the way home everyday. It's all relative. Another hindrance is the way we do licenses in the US. Europe and other places make you start on smaller cars so they get WAY more options. Sometimes I look online and see everything we are missing out on

The Yamaha XS650 has no water pump. The Yamaha XS650 has no fuel pump. The Yamaha XS650 has no sophisticated computer or electronics. The Yamaha XS650 can be repaired without sophisticated tools and test equipment.
The only negative I see is that you have to be willing and able to keep it repaired by yourself. We have XS650.com to help with that.

Back