Luggage Rack Question

Ebay shopping is kinda convenient other than the - waiting, shipping expense, hoping, checking the porch for delivery etc..
I found my rack on a advertised XS locally. Went there. Learned he wanted a cafe bike so I started flipping $20's out. It took 3 and I had that rack off the bike and in my truck.
:laughing:

Good story Machine!
One of life's little victory's,
Rarely are there any vintage bikes (much less XS's) advertised within a 100 mile radius of me (central FloriDuh). I have craigslist and fb searches set up for a wide variety. I cast a big net (pre 1976 is only filter) and every so often something will pop up.... and most often a Harley or some real oddball that I wouldn't deem collectible.

....and, <wait for it>, you know what they say...THERES NOTHIN’ like a nice rack.

OK, OK, somebody was going to say it, why shouldn’t it be me?
Yep that's what they say:rolleyes:
nice rack 1.jpg

Hello All!
Did Yamaha make an optional luggage rack to fit the '75 XS650B?
I've searched around on & off and they all seem to be for the earlier XS's and the later 70's XS's.
Almost (from my unscientific position) like they stopped making them and then started up again.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Thanks

Repete
I just bought what I thought was an original rack off here about a year ago for my 75
And I had a 74 with a ( Stock ? ) rack both fit perfectly

I'm communicating with Buzzword now. He still has a crusty one that is mounted on the exact bike I have.... '75.
Although I won't be able to use it till more $$$ invested in refinish I will in all likelihood purchase it from him.
That said, whether I do or don't, I'd still like to find one that's in decent shape that can be used immediately. The one Buzzword has is basically a fallback if I still haven't obtained a good one way down the road.

No, that’s come up before and the Special is a different animal.
That's what I thought, but my behind was draggin' bad trying to find the previous post. We may or may not have decided to Clean the Garage. /old gamer's rating -- Nightmare Level quest. I. Am. Too. Old. For. This. Crap. WHERE are those grandsons who keep saying "Just let us know if you need any help!"

Back