What have you done to your XS today?

No, it is spray from Eastwoods. They claim it to be durable. We shall see. Not a show ride, actually it is the one I would ride in the winter and stuff. Just getting some fresh lipstick and a spa treatment.
Well it looks damn good from here. Got a link to the paint... or the name of it? Cheers.

No, it is spray from Eastwoods. They claim it to be durable. We shall see. Not a show ride, actually it is the one I would ride in the winter and stuff. Just getting some fresh lipstick and a spa treatment.
I used the same stuff. I think it's Chassis Black Gloss.

Got the bungs and the brackets welded by a professional

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 13
I blasted and prepped to rebuild the front master cylinder but having a hell of a time finding the right rebuild kit for the round style front master… not having to worry about stopping is nice

Medic, try Niche Cycle. http://www.nichecycle.com/ncs/categ...r-kits/yamaha-master-cylinder-repair-kit.html

I had the same problems. The replacement is a bit different than the original parts but still works. You can view my thread here...
https://www.xs650.com/threads/75-front-brake-refurbish.54088/#post-580979

1715279466815.jpeg

Progress this morning. Some more bits prepped for rust treatment and eventual painting.

Bike didn't burst into flames when I hooked the battery up. :thumbsup:

Tested and working - low and high beam and idiot light, tail and brake light, horn, neutral light. Battery is not fully charged so left it at that for now before next set of testing after a short charge on the battery.

A question though for those more knowledgeable on charging systems. I have installed a more modern solid state voltage regulator. On the rotor brushes I'm measuring 10.6 volts. This is with nothing else switched on, just the ignition switch. Battery is 12.6 volts. Is this voltage at the brushes lower than expected before cranking? Thanks.

1000001817.jpg

Back