76 hardtail - yet to be named build

The rear tyre (or tire) is a "Shinko 270 5.00-16", I get lots of old guys at servos coming up saying "it looks like a car tyre"... In fact I get lots of old guys talking to me about the bike wherever I go - now if only I could change that for young women and I'd be onto something... I don't think calling it the rusty trombone would improve the situation!

I did come up with a name for the bike but I'm not sure how to change the title? I could only change it in the first post.

'The Rusty Broomstick' it ain't glamorous! When a friend saw it she said "it looks like a rusty old broom stick", it made me laugh and I think it suits it at this stage of it's life. Plus I get to say Brooooomm.

I did come up with a name for the bike but I'm not sure how to change the title? I could only change it in the first post.
Go to your first post, click on edit, then on advanced, change title, click post/save( can't remember which one it shows!), job done!

I love the rusty unpainted look!!

Love it. don't paint it! Is it legal to run no front guard in Qld or did the engineer kindly overlook that. Only asking cause that's how I want to run mine to keep with the authentic bobber minimalist look.

Bike is pretty much all finished - it's on the road legal and getting ridden lots! Keeping with the rat look. Few little bits still remaining that I'd like to tidy up. Here's some pics that were taken for a new Australian magazine "dirty love magazine".

IMG_01772_zps477ca38d.jpg

IMG_0106_zpscd9c20bb.jpg

IMG_9961_zps68874127.jpg

IMG_0025_zps12424a63.jpg

IMG_9983_zpsf5472fa2.jpg

IMG_0118_zpsaed94d4f.jpg

IMG_0123_zps3efbc5b6.jpg

Great execution of a bobber (just my opinion).
I drive past this photo shoot spot every work day, under Gateway? Will have a new meaning to me now, thanks.

Sorry I thought I got notifications if someone posted a reply - seems I didn't.

Is it legal to run no front guard in Qld
National safety standards say "If suitable protection is afforded by the frame or other construction of the motorcycle, the front mudguard need only cover the area that is unprotected." :wtf: I just put one on there for a roady - no issues since.

is the previous pipes that were on it up for grabs? pm me details if so. thanks
No sorry they're in a box for if I get a defect notice + I'm in Australia so post would be killer.

Small update been doing some engraving just with a cheap pin style engraver and a rotory tool.

IMG_7196_zps4670d2f5.jpg

IMG_7194_zps856402a0.jpg

IMG_7191_zps7fa8fde4.jpg

Added a oil pressure gauge - doesn't do much due to the low pressures the xs runs.

IMG_7203_zpsf1c83b98.jpg

7 metal west, 6 inch wide. Came via lowbrow when they were stocking them, so I got it without 7 metals well known 'delays'.

I have a new build that I've just ordered lowbrows ribbed fender for - I'm guessing it'll be the same as 7 metals, just without the wait!

Back