Another XS in the garage

bobber33

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Picked up another XS project bike today. Its an 82 Heritage special, running great and everything works. New Upholstered Seat, Boyer ignition, carbs rebuilt, new stuff here and there.
Not sure what i'm gonna do with it yet but for now it can sit on the lift.
I'll probably be tearing it down and selling off a lot of the stock looking parts. All in great shape too, so if anyone needs anything PM me before i tear into it.
I'll post build pics once i decide on a build.

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

It is in great condition, I knew it would create a stir from the purists! At least you know it won't be chopped into an abortion, completely wasting a XS. What ever it ends up, bobber33 will by past example make a great bike out of it.

I think you should do a classic 1940 styled bike!

Or go all out

chicara_art_1_classic.jpg

mlg2.jpg

LostKncukles.jpg

2011world-058-a-l.jpg

2011world-058-e-l.jpg

You got serious skills….…Challenge yourself with something radical!

I think the final bike should always be as rideable as it is cool looking, not just a display piece, so i'll have to find that fine line... this one may sit for a while while i'm wrapping up some other stuff, but then again... maybe not...

I think the final bike should always be as rideable as it is cool looking, not just a display piece, so i'll have to find that fine line... this one may sit for a while while i'm wrapping up some other stuff, but then again... maybe not...

Agree 100%......except on the sit for a while,....you build fast!

Geez, 1982 heritage, my absolutely favorite year!
Somebody messed with the engine though, it should be black, with the edge of the fins ground bright.
I wish I lived closer, I would try to talk you out of it :+)

ok for all you purists... here - bike is done all stock with a killer seat - she's worth some money now i'd bet :laughing:

82doneha.jpg

here is the first of what i hope to be complete vids for this build.
I will try to do one each time i work on it.

OK so here are some "sneak peak" pics of what i'm doing on this one.
Hooped the frame off, rolled out some 1-1/5" tube and i'm rolling and bending the rear tube now.

Got a couple of sets of axle plates from Travis too :thumbsup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

http://www.chappellcustoms.com

Last edited:
Chris dude, if you would adopt me I could be the nuther brother you never had!

p.s. slow down before you get a heart attack or hernia...lol..:yikes:..:thumbsup:

OK here it is, after ton's of rolling and bending and back aches on this thing, I got the frame finalized today. Finally made up my mind on which way i wanted the tubes to go. I'll finish all the welding tomorrow. :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Looks great! I like the lines so far. You just need to find the perfect tank to tie it all together.......

What tube roller are you using? I've been looking at some but haven't been able to make up my mind.

BTW, I love my Syncrowave 250, but I have a buddy looking at the Eastwood TIG. It looks like you may have one, how do you like it?

Looks great! I like the lines so far. You just need to find the perfect tank to tie it all together.......

What tube roller are you using? I've been looking at some but haven't been able to make up my mind.

BTW, I love my Syncrowave 250, but I have a buddy looking at the Eastwood TIG. It looks like you may have one, how do you like it?

My Eastwood is the 220v Mig with spool gun, For Tig i have a ghetto 220v 3in1 Tig/Plasma cutter, but honestly it works just fine for this stuff. I'm gonna do the final welding tomorrow on my buddies Miller machine though. Just because i don't have foot pedal control on mine at the moment.
The Roller is a cheap ass Harbor Freight unit. I don't roll that often so it does the trick (after modifying all the cheep ass parts that is)

Back