Omars kit sprocket?

bobber33

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm using the Omars rear wheel conversion kit on my new boardtracker project.
I have everything but the rear sprocket, does anybody know what rear sprocket fits on this kit and where i can get one?
I've already emailed Omars but still haven't gotten any response in over a week...
thanks!

The bolt pattern is the same as oem so any stock sprocket should work.

Here's a pic - stock xs sprocket against Omars adapter. Not even close.
omars.jpg

For sprockets its surprisingly inexpensive to have custom ones cut. Number of sources - I had a 44t 520 sprocket made for $60 all in if I recall. Mine was by Rebel Gears www.rebelgears.com

My wheels are Honda CB750 front hubs laced to 19" vintage dirt track racing rims with a custom sprocket carrier for the rear that also has a 3rd bearing to carry the load. FZR1000 rotors on both wheels (same 6 bolt pattern as the Honda hubs which is also the same as Yamaha - 80mm on center). Just told Rebel Gears the bore diameter, the bolt spacing (80mm on center, 8mm bolts x 6), the number of teeth and size of chain.

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

If I remember correctly Omar sold one to me when I ordered the kit. You might be able to save some cash with the other ways.

Hey all,
I'm using the Omars rear wheel conversion kit on my new boardtracker project.
I have everything but the rear sprocket, does anybody know what rear sprocket fits on this kit and where i can get one?
I've already emailed Omars but still haven't gotten any response in over a week...
thanks!

Hmmm, must depend on the year. Used one on my '79 Special and the sprocket he supplied was the same bolt pattern as the stock one. What year is your donor? And pics please! I am thinkin' my next build might be a board tracker.

NewTracker008.jpg

Hmmm, must depend on the year. Used one on my '79 Special and the sprocket he supplied was the same bolt pattern as the stock one. What year is your donor? And pics please! I am thinkin' my next build might be a board tracker.

NewTracker008.jpg

Hey pregrid.
The sprocket in your pic looks like what i need (any part # on it?), the donor is an 82. I'll try to call Omars again tomorrow. Just can't get ahold of him.
No big deal really bikes not ready for a sprocket yet anyway.

The build thread is here http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12190

:)

Hey pregrid.
The sprocket in your pic looks like what i need (any part # on it?), the donor is an 82. I'll try to call Omars again tomorrow. Just can't get ahold of him.

Sprocket came with my kit. Think the '82 is the diff. Not sure. Robert at Omar's is real close to me. If you can't get a response from him when it's time, PM me and I'll try to grease the wheels. Don't have a part #. Robert's a great guy but goin' thru some shit right now. Let me know if I can help.

Dave

Sprocket came with my kit. Think the '82 is the diff. Not sure. Robert at Omar's is real close to me. If you can't get a response from him when it's time, PM me and I'll try to grease the wheels. Don't have a part #. Robert's a great guy but goin' thru some shit right now. Let me know if I can help.

Dave

sure will, thanks!
I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point i'm not rushing him.
I got the kit with the 2 mag wheels, didn't realize the sprocket wasn't there untill last weekend. :banghead:

sure will, thanks!
I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point i'm not rushing him.
I got the kit with the 2 mag wheels, didn't realize the sprocket wasn't there untill last weekend. :banghead:

i'm here if you need help............................

I'm 99% sure the Omars kit is not designed to work with a stock rear XS sprocket of any year. It uses the 6 bolt, 80mm pcd, 62mm or so bore front brake rotor mounts to carry the sprocket adapter and the sprocket itself. Looks like the long bolts hold the sprocket and carrier on in one shot threaded into the front hub, and then the same deal on the opposite side to hold the brake rotor and smaller spacer.

On my setup using CB750 hubs, the bolts pass all the way through the hub - I'm using threaded rod with nuts on both ends to sandwich the entire thing together. Same bolt pattern as the Yamaha - 6 bolt 80mm pcd.

The sprocket won't be an off the shelf part, at least not an easily identifiable one, and if you do find one (some old Yamaha DT enduros etc. I think had sprockets that would fit) they're not likely going to be 530 in size. Maybe 520, or smaller. I searched high and low for a stock sprocket that would fit before I checked out having a custom one made and realized for $20 more than an OEM sprocket I could order up whatever I felt like.

I'm 99% sure the Omars kit is not designed to work with a stock rear XS sprocket of any year. It uses the 6 bolt, 80mm pcd, 62mm or so bore front brake rotor mounts to carry the sprocket adapter and the sprocket itself. Looks like the long bolts hold the sprocket and carrier on in one shot threaded into the front hub, and then the same deal on the opposite side to hold the brake rotor and smaller spacer.

On my setup using CB750 hubs, the bolts pass all the way through the hub - I'm using threaded rod with nuts on both ends to sandwich the entire thing together. Same bolt pattern as the Yamaha - 6 bolt 80mm pcd.

The sprocket won't be an off the shelf part, at least not an easily identifiable one, and if you do find one (some old Yamaha DT enduros etc. I think had sprockets that would fit) they're not likely going to be 530 in size. Maybe 520, or smaller. I searched high and low for a stock sprocket that would fit before I checked out having a custom one made and realized for $20 more than an OEM sprocket I could order up whatever I felt like.

Your exactly right, it uses the same bore and bolt pattern as an XS front rotor, because its going on an XS front wheel.
I just want to know what sprocket comes with the Omars kit so i can order one...
Somebody out there has had to replace their original Omars sprocket at some point, if so where did it come from?:shrug:

Well if you run short on time I'd highly recommend Rebel Gears. The sprocket they made me looks great and seems to be very high quality.

Back