What's your favorite movie or genre of movies

TCB71

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I got a really good response to my artist thread so I'd thought I'd start another. Tell me what your favorite movie/ movies or genre of movies are. I am a big De niro fan with my three faves being Taxi driver(you talkin to me) Mean Streets, and Awakenings(I would say I like this one the best) I also like psychological thrillers, anime, science fiction. I am also a BIG fan of the Shintaro Katsu "Zatoichi" series(the originals not the 2003 remake) It's basically the story of a Blind swordsman who goes through fuedal japan righting wrongs and just shredding the bad guys. Also old Godzilla movies and b-rated biker flicks are faves as well. Well what do you like???

'The World's Fastest Indian' is my favorite movie of all time.

I'm a big fan of the 1960's and 1970's car flicks like Grand Prix, LeMans, etc. Well done psychological thrillers are way up there, along with war documentaries. I also like sci fi like Alien, Aliens etc, in that genre if you have never seen 'A Boy and his Dog' it has a really interesting twist.

Through my kid have picked up a sorta appreciation for anime, the Cowboy Bebop series is my favorite but Death Note is a strong contender. I understand a live action CB is in the works, hope it comes out good!

Comedy is way up there too. I'm not into the slasher horror flicks like Chuckie, Hellraiser etc, to me they are just too damn cheesy.

Independent , forign and classic film . Hollywood rarely gives me anything good anymore, But they are packing theater`s so good for them.
I just bought the Alfred Hitcock collection with Saboture ,Family plot, The trouble with Harry ect..ect. Good stuff.

Pretty much anything set in WW-II. Saving Private Ryan and Enemy at the Gates are on the top, lots of others. Some of the B-movie propaganda stuff made during the war is pretty laughable tho.

For comedies, I haven't found anything to top Up Periscope with Kelsey Grammar. One of the very few movies I'll watch every time it comes on.

I have no favorite 1
Braveheart is a good one ,also apocalypto,
in sifi I like the alien movies too, Predator, sphere, Total recall,
action anything Jackie Chan, Jason Statham, also liked the mummy series
and I liked the last air bender movie,any M Night Shyamalan movies
clasics, the great exscape,Tora Tora Tora, the dirty dozen, El Dorado, True Grit,"the new True Grit was really good " Silence of the Lambs, The Bridge On The River Kwai, Midway :laugh::shrug:

I'm a big fan of the 1960's and 1970's car flicks like Grand Prix, LeMans, etc. Well done psychological thrillers are way up there... I also like sci fi like Alien, Aliens etc,...

A brother from another mother. :) Check out the LeMans race footage on YT. It's been condensed into two 9-minute segments and still sends chills up my spine.

And I unabashedly confess to loving sci-fi and horror... well-done and sometimes otherwise. A quality brew and a rainy Saturday afternoon, accompanied by a cheesy monster or a scantily clad co-ed running from the resident bogeyman can be good medicine for what ails ya. :)

TC

I couldn't pick just one, it's too hard.
I'm a classic, old movie fan. Everything from the '40s to the '70's. I mainly watch westerns and any other period films. I like many new films too, but absolutely NO computer graphics. I hate 'em, lol. I like movies that are big and open. Shot in the actual outdoors. No green screen. Even the new "True Grit" seems so over produced it hurts. Fake backgrounds, ugh. I notice so many flaws that my brain starts looking to see how fake the movie is and then I miss it.
Films like "How the West was Won", "The Great Escape", "The Longest Day", "North by Northwest", "Run Silent, Run Deep", "The Big heat", "Out of Africa", and on and on. All great films that the actors and the direction made, not a computer.

stripes....laugh my ass off when the're in training, and john candy cant stop runnin down the hill.

. . . and the Pawlscers go to, Blade Runner, World's Fastest Indian and Mad Max 1. Just watched the oscars, I think they had to throw a lot of comedy into it to cover up the lameness of the movies nominated.

Last edited:
Back