What's your favorite movie or genre of movies

Hard to pin down a certain genre.....I like BOGIE.....Crint Eastrood, as the guy said in "Crocodile dundee", Quenton Tarantino movies, old westerns, the 30's and 40's comedies, John Wayne westerns, cannot define my likes . I know what I dont like.....when I see it.Kev.

Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Jack Nicholson, John Wayne, Anthony Hopkins. Most anything by them. are good. Most of the new movies tend to use the CGI to tell the story not the actors.
They do make a few worth seeing.
Sci Fi , action adventure, westerns, suspence, Are what I tend to like most. I have a small Collection of old John Wayne movies, mostly black and white. Some Alfred Hitchcock, mostly silent films. Sherlock Holmes, the old ones with Basil Rathbone and some before him, all black and white.
And for a laugh I have some old cartoons some black and white some color. Betty Boop, Popeye, Tweety and Slyvester. Stuff like that.
Leo

Oh man...Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Dirty Deeds, Evil Dead, Jackie Brown, Ususal Suspects, Evil Dead, Sin City, Young Frankenstien, Blade Runner, Aliens Trilogy, Silverado....for a few...and for cartoons...Maxx, Invader Zim, Samurai Jack and any Bugs Bunny, Roadrunner , Foghorn Leghorn or Walter Lantz stuff. Oh yeah and Evil Dead......I know , I know...I really like Evil Dead....Shop smart...Shop SMART! Bruce Campbell is KING! Almost forgot...Edward Burns, anything he writes , directs or stars in.

ok, done for now, you opened a can-o-worms for me....

My gawd. I have Idiocracy, A Clockwork Orange, 2001, Blade Runner, all the Mad Max flicks, Dr. Strangelove, The Great Escape, Bullitt, Young Frankenstein, the original Flight of the Phoenix, Brazil, Soylent Green, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Treasure of the Sierra Madre (Bogey at his best!) and a pile of other classics on DVD. Got newer stuff too, like The Hurt Locker, Black Hawk Down, 300, etc. My favorite comedy movie so far is 'Paul'. If you haven't seen it, make it a point to!

paul_movie_poster_02-530x785.jpg

By the way, it appears a remake of 'Blade Runner' is in the works. I wish them luck, it's going to be tough to top the original. Rutger Hauer's shoes will be particularly hard to fill.

By the way, it appears a remake of 'Blade Runner' is in the works. I wish them luck, it's going to be tough to top the original. Rutger Hauer's shoes will be particularly hard to fill.

Rutger Hauer's movies what can I say.hmmmm I watch them when ever there on. I really like Rutger Hauer

You all have very good tastes in movies here.
I especially like the repeated mention of Blade Runner, my all time favorite movie.

Lately my wife has been getting me more indie films via netflix. The last two we watched were Another Earth and What We Do Is Secret. Another Earth was really good and What We Do Is Secret just appeals to the aging punk rocker in me.

An odd movie I really like is Water World. It's kind of terrible, but I just love Kevin Costner's sail boat.

In the main stream I'm really excited for The Hunger Games. Jennifer Lawrence was awesome in Winter's Bone. My teenage daughter got the books for Xmas, and she's read the first two and started the third now. She loves them and has hooked me, I've read the first two and am in the middle of the third.

My movies are all over the place! Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man (The movie that first got me into bikes) Idiocricy (So stupid it's funny) All old Japanese martial arts movies (No matter how bad the acting or the dubbing) Any Quentin Tarantino movie (especially Kill Bill vol 1 & 2) and all Sci-Fi (Blade Runner, Judge Dredd and Tremors) and to finish it off all Comic book movies from Conan to Iron Man and Green Lantern. Like I said all over the place!

Here's one of my favorite scenes from a movie. The little kid is a prisoner in a Japanese prison camp, and the Americans come to liberate them, beginning with this air run. In slow mo a pilot gives the little kid a friendly wave. On the big screen the pilot resembles John Wayne ;)

grepper mentioned Waterworld, that one is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's so bad it's good.

Agreed...

Of course I love the Q&A on IMDB about it.

Where did they get?

Q: Cigarettes?

A: post apocalyptic stash of cigarettes

Q: Gasoline?

A: post apocalyptic stash of oil

Q: Ammunition ?

A: post apocalyptic stash of ammo

Back