Ultrasonic carb cleaning and bead blasting service

sonicarb13

sonicarb13
Reaction score
Anyone need a set of carbs cleaned, re-built or bead blasted? I've been re-building carbs for a few years now and am looking to expand a bit. I am located in the mid-west so shipping from any location is usually affordable.

Basic re-build - $25 per carb plus kit, includes ultrasonic cleaning.

Re-build and jet - $35 per carb plus kit.

Bead blasting carbs - $20 per carb, ultrasonic cleaning is done afterwards to remove any media in carb housings.

Thanks for looking!

Carbsonics Inc.
Joe Sitzmann
(712) 540-1192 text or call

Anyone need a set of carbs cleaned, re-built or bead blasted? I've been re-building carbs for a few years now and am looking to expand a bit. I am located in the mid-west so shipping from any location is usually affordable.

Basic re-build - $25 per carb plus kit, includes ultrasonic cleaning.

Re-build and jet - $35 per carb plus kit.

Bead blasting carbs - $20 per carb, ultrasonic cleaning is done afterwards to remove any media in carb housings.

Thanks for looking!

Carbsonics Inc.
Joe Sitzmann
(712) 540-1192 text or call

text sent...

Joe,
Curious about the ultra-sonic cleaning.Could you post a before & after picture?
The ole' vinegar soak in the new kitchen lil veggie cleanin sink "ain't gonna happen".
Anywho,hope to see the pict's.
Respectfully,
Grandma & Grandpa Magoo66:poke:

Joe,
The ole' vinegar soak in the new kitchen lil veggie cleanin sink "ain't gonna happen".
Respectfully,
Grandma & Grandpa Magoo66

I'm working on a set right now. I'll take some pictures and post them as soon as I'm done. Thanks for looking!

Here is a spare carb I had on the bench, not the best condition but it shows what the sonic cleaning alone does. Nothing done to it other than 15 minutes in the machine. Obviously I buff them up a bit after this before I send them back, just thought I would show what the machine itself does. If you want a nice shine I would recommend bead blasting as well. The sonic machine cleans very well but the carb body does darken up a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.JPG
    IMG_0925.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0927.JPG
    IMG_0927.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 323
Joe,
Respectfully,
Grandma & Grandpa Magoo66

Hope the pictures above help. Thanks for looking!

Sonicarb,
What is the chemical that is used in the Ultra-Sonic cleaner? I am sure it is something other then water. Is 15 minutes a typical cycle time for the parts? How far do you strip the carbs down before they get the Ultra Sonic treatment?

In case you haven't figured it out I have a commercial Ultra Sonic cleaner that I have never used (got it in a mixed lot of stuff I won at a machine shop auction). Never had a use for it until now.

Thanks
Jim in Minnesota

Sonicarb,
What is the chemical that is used in the Ultra-Sonic cleaner? I am sure it is something other then water. Is 15 minutes a typical cycle time for the parts? How far do you strip the carbs down before they get the Ultra Sonic treatment?

In case you haven't figured it out I have a commercial Ultra Sonic cleaner that I have never used (got it in a mixed lot of stuff I won at a machine shop auction). Never had a use for it until now.

Thanks
Jim in Minnesota

Hey Jim. I use Omegasonics for my chemicals. These machines are used for all different applications: parts cleaning, hand guns, jewelry, lab work. I have a solution that has a rust inhibitor in it for hand gun cleaning and it works really well. As long as you don't turn the temp up too high you can leave rubber and plastic parts attatched and they will not be harmed, I usually pull them off anyway.

Hey Jim. I use Omegasonics for my chemicals. These machines are used for all different applications: parts cleaning, hand guns, jewelry, lab work. I have a solution that has a rust inhibitor in it for hand gun cleaning and it works really well. As long as you don't turn the temp up too high you can leave rubber and plastic parts attatched and they will not be harmed, I usually pull them off anyway.

Awesome,
Thanks for the info.
Jim in Minnesota

I'm toying with the idea of getting a sonic cleaner for small engine/carb work.

Would you mind telling me about your machine? Brand, fluid capacity, tank dimensions, approximate cost, stuff like that.

Thanks,
Paul

I'm toying with the idea of getting a sonic cleaner for small engine/carb work.

Would you mind telling me about your machine? Brand, fluid capacity, tank dimensions, approximate cost, stuff like that.

Thanks,
Paul

Hey Paul, I bought my machine and supplies from http://omegasonics.com they have several sizes and the prices are on the site. I use mine for a little bit of everything, don't know what I would do without it.

Back