aftermarket shifter lever?

thatguy

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
hi just wondering if any one knows of a cool looking after market shift lever?

like off a nother bike or some thing.

intrested in one like this one.
0000_BBR_Folding_Shift_Lever.jpg

that lever is for a honda 50
i was wondering if anybody used one on an xs before or if there is a specific one for the xs

Bringing post from dead. But I got one at motorcycle swap meet today off a Harley. And didn't fit too big and wasn't not angles out far enough. So harley stuff is a no go.

I believe that the spline size was rather common, but all I remember specifically was that the Honda CB-350 and CB-450 would fit.
If I had known back then, that this question would come up, I would've dug thru our parts bins and came up with a better list...

I'm trying to find a shift linkage adapter. Like a short shifter to attach my shift linkage to. I can't find a company that just sells that piece.

I used the Honda CB350 shift linkage on mine back then for the cafe setup.
Use the same short arm now for the chopper linkage.

stockShifterLinkage.jpg

Edit: That shift arm is so short, that it induces a lot of lateral force on the shift shaft. My shifting action was a bit stiff, and I plan to fit a 9/16" or 14mm needle bearing in the left case cover to support the shiftshaft, and hopefully reduce the shift effort...

Last edited:
I have a 1972 Honda xl250, and found that lever too short. I have a extra "big John" shifter lever for a xs650 just laying around, threw it on my little Honda,and fit perfect, so, that Honda lever might fit your xs

Back