question about elephant foot valve adjuster screws??

shark1979

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i got some from Mike's the other week. i went to install them before i put my head back together. my question is : is there anything special you need to do to them ? i installed one , it seem to stick out alot more than the one i pulled out. it sticks out a lot more than the other ones even with it tight as it will go? is that normal? should i just put the old ones back in and not worry with them?

x 2 - either get VW or Porsche adjusters. The plastic retainer on the Mikes ones has & does fail.

Mikes Elephant fot adjusters are sub par at best. If you want a set of the VW adjusters I have a spare set (a full set of adjusters comes with 8, I used 4 on my build so that leaves 4 or a set for an XS) that I will sell but in order to use them you wil have to do some mods to your rocker arms. There is a write up on here about the mods needed. If you want them shoot me a PM and I will give you the price.

They are made better than the one's Mikes sell. No plastic. All metal.

You need to grind about 4mm off the bottom of the rocker to give the large "foot" clearance. Here's a pic of one modded next to an original .....

ElephantsFootandStock.jpg

Back