Aftermarket Front MotorMount

TheRealSpinner

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
FRONT MOTORMOUNTS! They fit 74 and newer frames.

7ff728db-c322-463f-b976-9cbbe8c61cce_zpsada0cfa1.jpg

$75 (+shipping) Clearance Hole for stock hardware
$85 (+shipping) Threaded M10-1.25 for a cleaner look. It has been suggested that you use bolts with safety wire for racing purposes so they do not back out.

Please email me to order one. I only take orders and collect money when it's ready to ship.

Last edited:
I've sent two Front Motormount Prototypes out for fitment. If everything goes well, I will be able to produce these for anybody that wants one. As far as I know, they will fit 74 and newer frames.

I will offer them as I have seen them priced elsewhere.
$60 (+shipping) Welded
$40 (+shipping) Unwelded

If I make them with of 1/4" plate, they are heavier than stock. If I make them with 3/16" plate, they are closer to the stock weight. They will both cost the same.

I am thinking of putting a design in the plate. Maybe a cut-out of the Suzuki Emblem? Maybe make the webbing into a maltese cross? I thought about offering them with something written in them for an upcharge, but I don't know what angle to put the text. Anybody have any other ideas?

I am waiting for my camera to charge, then I will post pictures.

suzuki emblem????? :wtf:

Sorry, I meant Yamaha emblem. I've been working with a few different bikes these days... good catch.

There, I fixed it...

Last edited:
I've sent two Front Motormount Prototypes out for fitment. If everything goes well, I will be able to produce these for anybody that wants one. As far as I know, they will fit 74 and newer frames.

7ff728db-c322-463f-b976-9cbbe8c61cce_zpsada0cfa1.jpg

I will offer them as I have seen them priced elsewhere.
$60 (+shipping) Welded
$40 (+shipping) Unwelded

If I make them with of 1/4" plate, they are heavier than stock. If I make them with 3/16" plate, they are closer to the stock weight. They will both cost the same.

I am thinking of putting a design in the plate. Maybe a cut-out of the Yamaha Emblem? Maybe make the webbing into a maltese cross? I thought about offering them with something written in them for an upcharge, but I don't know what angle to put the text. Anybody have any other ideas?

Please email me or send me a PM to order one. I only collect money when it's ready to ship.

What about an option for tubes with internal threads, so it could be attached using button head screws on both sides? The stock throughbolts do the job, but IMHO, they look kinda clunky compared to the clean look of your mount.

Im in for one with taped holes 3/16 plate welded. any op. to build out of chromealloy I know it cost more it be lighter than stock

I'm happy about all the interest I'm getting. Let me confirm that they fit before I start taking orders.

It also seems like 3/16" plate is the preference. What I might do is offer them in 3/16" as a standard, and as 1/4" as a special order item.

Also, I will be offering them with a threaded tubes instead of clearance holes (for an upcharge that I have yet to determine).

Wherearewe, they will fit in a flat rate box, but I will have to look into how to go about sending it overseas.

Last edited:
Does anybody care if the tubes are threaded with 3/8-16 instead of metric? The 3/8" bolts are a bit smaller, so they will for your frame just fine.

Hey, I just got mine today. It looks great, really nice weld. I'll fit it with in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Would prefer to have them threaded metric. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have a metric bike with 1 or 2 std fasteners on it. In fact that is a huge pet peeve for me when people don't take the time to keep metric on the bike and just get a mix of everything.

+1 - keep it metric - as an option, offer the mount complete with right-sized cap or buttonhead metric screws in chrome or stainless for whatever a fair price would be for a "plug-and-play" mount. Some buyers will want it "bare"; others will pay a higher price to have it come with everything they need to install it immediately.

Sorry for the slow response, apparently I somehow "unsubscribed" from this post. Oh well. If anybody needs a quick response, please feel free to email me, or give me a call. You can check my website or facebook for the rest of my contact info.

I'll be able to start building some more of these mounts by the end of the week. I'll set up a couple different options, but all out of 3/16" plate.

I guess it wouldn't be that hard to have metric and standard threaded tubes. I think I'll do both. I will update my first post with price points as soon as I figure them all out. Glad there's interest in these.

OK! Well, I've got 8 motormounts available for sale now.

5 of them are tapped for M10-1.25.

3 of them have a clearance hole for stock hardware.

Please send me an email (NOT instant message-I need to set some sort of priority list) and I will give you a paypal account to pay, and I will ship it out as soon as I confirm payment.

Back