Canadian Dollar Exchange Rate

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
For any Canadian members keeping score, you may not want to look at what the weak dollar has done to 650 Direct's prices. A month ago I was debating where to get pistons. Experienced hands said eBay and Crusin' Image; because I have been burned before with brokerage fees, I went with our local version of Mike's XS because I knew what it would cost and I would have it next day. Roughly 60 per piston and 30 per set of rings, plus HST. January 2016, the complete new Big Fin 650 barrels and pistons went for just over 500 and the 750 Big Fin set for 700.

The new prices are about 30% more now as a result of the low dollar. I do not blame the merchant, it has to stay in business and having a single shopping place source for our bike's parts is worth it, in my view.

I had need of another set of pistons mid month, so I ordered through Cruzin' Image 21 February. Cost me C$145.00 (U$102.50) for a pair of pistons and rings, delivery and tax included and they were delivered this morning, leap year day, with no extra or hidden costs.

So if you are ordering in Canada, don't worry about dealing with that eBay vendor, you will not face a brokerage charge.

Last edited:
All Aussie $. I bought a set of 2nd over, 4th over and 706cc 447 kit. Freight was $83 and i got an email within 2 hours telling me he would refund me $25 because the combined freight was less.

Back