CND Needles help please

rubicon1000

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey i bought the cnd needles for my bs 34s Part #48-0663 and Part #48-0662, 2 of each and i took the stock needles out and was trying to figure out how these mount in the same hole need some help please. also any helpfull hints with running pod airs and some gordon scott drag pipes for getting and needle settings. anything will help thanks

I'm not sure what sort of problem you would encounter installing the new needles. I installed a set and they fit in the same as the old ones. Something you should be aware of however is that the new Canadian needles are shorter (richer) than the stockers when set in their middle slot. You may want to start them out in the 2nd (from the top) slot. That will make them closer in length to the originals. With your pods and pipes, I would start at least 2 up on the mains (137.5) and you'll probably need one up on the pilots as well (45). Start with the mix screws about 3 turns out and fine tune from there.

do i use the same clip that was on the stock needle cause when i placed it on the new needle it just seemed way to loose

Yes, you can re-use the e-clip on the new needle. If it's sprung or damaged, maybe you'll need a replacement. I think Mike sells those as well.

ok what i found under the metal disc with 2 screws holding down the needle was just a spring a small metal washer and the c clip with a pc of plastic around that witch lines up in a grove correct.

Yes, that sounds correct, here's the BS34 needle assembly sequence .....

80Slide.jpg

did you get the matching needle jets, too? Did this to a set of 34's for a friend, 3rd slot, runs excellent, two kick bike.

Back