Make Offer - 1979 XS650 Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

acharlese

A. Charles
Reaction score
I wrote a novel of post on craigslist, I will spare you... Bike is very nice, title n' all. I bought it from the original owner a few years back. Looking to part with it because I know someone else can enjoy it more than I do. Make me an offer.

Located in Metro Detroit, MI.

:popcorn: Here ya'll go; :popcorn: How can you write the 500 words but not put in the numbers following $ ? $100 .... $10,000 the owner ALWAYS has an idea of what he wants out of it.

1979 Yamaha XS 650 Special (Bloomfield Hills)

Date: 2011-04-05, 9:09PM EDT
Reply to: sale-dprxs-2307891814@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

-The Scoop-
The bike is excellent condition. I bought it from a good friend a few years back, who acquired it from the original owner, his best friend. The bike was a date night bike for the original owner; when his date (wife), died of cancer he couldn't bear to look at the bike as it reminded it of her, so he disassembled it completely and stored it away in boxes. After sitting in boxes disassembled in boxes for 25 years, my friend took the bike off the original owners hands and reassembled it. To the best of my knowledge the bike is, if not completely darn near close to, original; in 2010 I replaced the alternator, and I reckon the breaks and tires have been done a time or two. The past three years that I have owned it I rode it during the summer and stored for the winter in a warm environment. I have had it looked over and tuned-up by mechanics yearly, and detailed regularly.

-The Bike-
1979 Yamaha XS 650 Special, 18k miles, mag wheels, disk breaks

-The truth of the matter...-
I'm not sure what to do with the bike. I don't have time to ride it, and more or less have no use for it right now. I sink money into it every year for tune-ups, winter storage, detailing, etc. I love the bike, and at this point in my life I am thinking there is someone who could love it more - and ride it. Last summer I discussed with a custom chopper shop hacking the bike apart and having them build me a chopper; they told me they'd be hard pressed to destroy a bike of its caliber. To the masses this is an old good-for-nothing bike... to some it brings back memories, many people's first bike... to some 650 enthusiasts this bike is priceless... to custom chopper builders this is one the most sought after bikes to harness the guts from. All this said, I'm looking for suggestions, offers, etc.

I can't seem to locate the pictures of the actual bike. I will be able to provide the real-deal pics as soon as I can make it over to the storage unit. The attached pics are pretty much exactly what the bike looks like, the fourth pic is me on the actual bike.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3ne3k23p55P15X15S1b458b91077d7d591ee4.jpg
3n13kb3oe5X55S55R5b45b8c3140c55051df0.jpg
3k13m03l05T15X15S1b45c184640bec571dd0.jpg
3n23ka3p25Y45X25S2b452ad13eff0f5a19e1.jpg

The 79SF Special is nothing like the pics displayed showing the Special 2 with spoke wheels

Differences: mag wheels, rear brakes, ignition system, seat, side-covers, tail-light, gauges, carbs, grab-rail............

650Skull- I stand corrected. I realize I left the word 'looks', as in 'looks pretty much the same'. I assume the people on this site know all the differences between the bikes.

No they don't..................... You don't seem to or else you would not have said, "The attached pics are pretty much exactly[/B] what the bike looks like" ............ There is a big difference.

The 78/79 Specials have a better following than the later models

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back