**Hugh** Do you have any advice for Lectrons ?

Patches

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Hugh-

I'm hoping you're reading the board right about now. I got a wild hair and took your advice and picked up a set of 34mm power jet Lectrons. I wanted to post this in the main board instead of sending a PM so other members that are thinking about lectrons could get this info as well. I know that I need 0-1 metering rods, but I was wondering if you had any info on which two into one cable to use, and what carb boots worked for you....? From what I gather these are supposed to be the easiest carbs in the world to tune, but any tips would be greatly appreciated. I have already read lectron's tuning guide, and it seems pretty straight forward.

Eventually once things slow down I should be sending you a crank and cam to get the "bumpity, bumpity" done to them for a 750 kit and these carbs.

Thanks in advanced.

Ryan:thumbsup:

Get 0-2 Metering Rods from Briton Bees... He's a friend of mine, tell him I sent you...

You can make your own 2-1 cables from Bicycle Derailer cables. Super simple with a little know how and a good soldering iron or small torch. If you find any set of 2-1 cables, you can mod them using these guidelines - http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166

Intakes - I always make my own, but JBM's should work pretty good, but I really prefer a longer runner intake like the old Shell Intakes. (PS - I have a new intake design coming out soon)

Powerjets - get an adjustable one if you can. If you decide you don't want to run the Powerjet, you can always block it off...

With the Lectrons, be prepared for LOTS of bottom end torque, make sure your crank is built properly, or you'll be tearing it out sooner than later...

Crap. 0-2 ok, got it. I'll give Briton bees a shout. Also, I'll keep any eye out for your new intake boots being that I'm not in a hurry on this one. I may go your route and make some as well, just to experiment. The carbs come with a power jets, but I'm not sure if they're adjustable.
I also have a set of Mikuni VM's and a Mikes PWK kit to play with.

Thanks for the cable info as well. Any time frame on when you will be coming out with your intakes?

I'm hoping that my crank is built properly, after all I do plan on sending it to you....:wink2:

so did you have any luck setting up your needles? i also just bought a set of 32mm lectrons and am very excited to run them. i was hoping someone had figured out a baseline starting point for the xs's. mine are non powerjet alky ones, (patches) did your set come with velocity stacks mounted on them? mine had 3" stacks and i had to trim them to 2" so i could clear the frame with the filters.

Back