For Sale - XS2 FOR SALE

Price

BNL

XS650 Member
Reaction score
WILL CONSIDER ALL REASONABLE OFFERS

Selling this 1972 Yamaha XS 650. It has had a lot of work completed recently and runs and looks great.

Carbs thoroughly cleaned and new kits installed including plungers, valves adjusted Compression 120-125 each cylinder cold, timing set. The following parts have all been replaced with new: front and rear brakes, fork gators, air filters, plugs, grips, Dunlop tires, switch covers and throttle cables. As well the seat pan is like new and the foam was just recently replaced.

This bike is located in Canada and all that is required to bring this bike across the border of this age is simply a bill of sale from the seller. Having said that you may want to confirm that for yourself but I’m sure you will be told the same thing. I am located 60 miles from the North Dakota border and could possible meet someone at the Canadian side of the Boissevain border crossing. I may be contacted at bradlangston1954@icloud.com if you have any questions. Asking $4950.00

Attachments

• IMG_2240.jpeg
    IMG_2240.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1780.jpeg
    IMG_1780.jpeg
    419.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1784.jpeg
    IMG_1784.jpeg
    455.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    406.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    471.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1787.jpeg
    IMG_1787.jpeg
    409.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Nice looking bike. I note the drum front brake. Here in the U.S. every '72 I have ever seen has a disc brake. Did Canada just get them with drums, or perhaps this is a very early serial #? Just curious really.

It must sound great with those Dunstall mufflers! :thumbsup:

Nice looking bike. I note the drum front brake. Here in the U.S. every '72 I have ever seen has a disc brake. Did Canada just get them with drums, or perhaps this is a very early serial #? Just curious really.

It must sound great with those Dunstall mufflers! :thumbsup:
The previous owner thought the drum brake looked better than the disc and changed it. I have to agree but not sure that it is something I would have done. Dunstalls sound very nice.

Great price.
I think so too, been told by others that it wouldn’t hurt to list it $6000. + Would really like to move it but I have a fair bit more into it than what I’m asking. Maybe th3 right person will come along.

I have two XS2’s on eBay. The buying is slow right now. Just now started getting warm.
Good luck.
Bill

If I purchased your bike, would you consider storing it for me until August when I have a cross country trip in the states planned?
I guess I could do that with a deposit from you. I do need the space but being summer is here I could store it in a secure non heated building I have access too. Would be best if we correspond using my e mail address bradlangston1954@icloud.com

WILL CONSIDER ALL REASONABLE OFFERS

Selling this 1972 Yamaha XS 650. It has had a lot of work completed recently and runs and looks great.

Carbs thoroughly cleaned and new kits installed including plungers, valves adjusted Compression 120-125 each cylinder cold, timing set. The following parts have all been replaced with new: front and rear brakes, fork gators, air filters, plugs, grips, Dunlop tires, switch covers and throttle cables. As well the seat pan is like new and the foam was just recently replaced.

This bike is located in Canada and all that is required to bring this bike across the border of this age is simply a bill of sale from the seller. Having said that you may want to confirm that for yourself but I’m sure you will be told the same thing. I am located 60 miles from the North Dakota border and could possible meet someone at the Canadian side of the Boissevain border crossing. I may be contacted at bradlangston1954@icloud.com if you have any questions. Asking $4950.00
BUMP, will look at all reasonable offers. Will reinstate all that is required to import into the U.S. is a bill of sale from myself.