You asked for it!

Update!
So I’m working on the seat, to shape it into a café style seat. Next will be the sanding down to a smooth finish. Then to the varnish process (boat shop), and last will the the upholstery. I’ll keep you posted!
IMG_7448.jpeg

You youngins with your backsides that can work on any kinda surface. Bahh!!! Back in my day we would've had nails sticking up and we would have liked it.
Funny you should say that, back in 1968 I bought a 1963 BSA A65, the seat was torn, so I asked the local upholsterer to recover the seat for me. He did a good enough job, except for punching nails through the seatpan to hold the vinyl in place. Whenever I went over a bump or started it, those nails hurt.

One particular occasion I was riding along Wellington St in Perth, rain was belting down and it was dark. A guy in a Triumph Herald pulled out I front of me and so I slammed on the skids. When it became obvious I wasn't going to stop in time, I threw the bike sideways and slid along the road, speedway bike fashion, right boot on the ground, front wheel pointing toward the car. I must have hit a bump or something, both wheels left the road hitting the side of the little Triumph and caving in the side and of course I came to an abrupt halt. I never noticed until I got home, and took off my jeans, the rear end of them was smeared with blood. I checked in the mirror, looked at my bum, sure enough four neat holes in my bum from the nails.

Last edited:
Back