1" dual throttle control

marvintheminnow

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a dual throttle assembly control to fit 1" bars? I am trying to convert the 7/8" setup on my 74 XS650 to fit 1" bars. I am also looking for the correct clutch assembly as well.

There are several options on ebay but id be just taking a guess on the correct set up and would rather purchase upon the advice of some of you.

Thank You in advance

Posted via Mobile

Awesome!

Thank you very much.

any links or advice on a clutch cable assembly that will work with my cable? I tried an HD assembly but the cable end is too small to fit in the lever.

Thanks again.

Posted via Mobile

Crap, you're right I guess indidnt read the fine print.... Have you looked at the ones by Motion Pro?

Being a 74, it uses the angled carb holders, so a later set of linked carbs will fit. Some like the 77-76 carbs some think the 78-79 carbs are better. The 76-77 use the same pilots and mains as the 70-75 carbs and the later 80 up carbs. The 78-79 are the only years to use the pilots like they used.
Any way the later linked carbs use a single throttle cable. This will make it easy to get a throttle that uses one cable.
On the clutch, Barnett makes cables. Get them to make one to fit a Harley on the lever end and the XS650 clutch mechanism in the side cover. Having the cable adjuster in the center of the cable will be a cleaner look on the bars.
Leo

Back