16" rear tire with spokes

Hi 'irons,
to expand on Skull's post:-
Special II's have steel rim drum brake rear wire wheels (boring)
Heritage Specials that don't have artillery wheels have steel rim drum brake rear gazillion-spoke wire wheels (boring and ugly)
&FWIW, the 16" rim's 130/90-16 tire is eff nigh the same OD as the 18" rim's 110/90-18 tire.
It's also fatter than the 18" tire so it's slower in the corners.

Hi 'irons,
to expand on Skull's post:-
Special II's have steel rim drum brake rear wire wheels (boring)
Heritage Specials that don't have artillery wheels have steel rim drum brake rear gazillion-spoke wire wheels (boring and ugly)
&FWIW, the 16" rim's 130/90-16 tire is eff nigh the same OD as the 18" rim's 110/90-18 tire.
It's also fatter than the 18" tire so it's slower in the corners.

What i think is that, me having a 21" front with a 4" under springer instead of a 2" under, and an 18" in the back, i kinda feel like the back is a little higher than the front, so my options are either i keep the 18" and put a bigger tire on the front, trade my 4" under for a 2" under OR use a 16" in the rear.

What do you recommend?

Hi angus, 'irons,
if the wheel swap is for lowering the bike's arse end it ain't gonna work if the wheels are shod with the stock size tires.
A 110/90-18 tire is the same or mebbe 1/8" bigger in diameter than a 130/90-16 tire.
If you can find a 110/70-16 rear tread pattern tire that'll lower the bike's arse mebbe 7/8" but I doubt that'll be enough
and that skinny a rear tire wouldn't look good neither.

i think he just wants it to look right....er....chopish.I have a 19" front and 16 on the rear on my chop. looks proportioned right. Althoght, stock keck and forks, it kinda looks like I ran into a brick wall....my wife says, "bulldoggish"

IMG_1517.PNG
This is what i have right now. Thats the rear i have at the moment.

MY EYES!! just kidding. it does look strange imo. 16" is the cure.

OK - I am sitting here in my f@cking office at 10:10 PM doing paperwork and I needed a moment to have a little sanity check so I opened up this thread and saw Angus' post...."MY EYES"....and now I am ROTFLMAO and I cannot remember why I am still at work. :lmao:

Thanks a lot Angus - its going to take me an frickin' hour to settle down and finish this job dammit!!! :umm:

Pete

....just looked at the photo irons...and holy cow.....

I may have a 16" rim you could get...soon.

...because, you neeeeeeddddd it.

....just looked at the photo irons...and holy cow.....

I may have a 16" rim you could get...soon.

...because, you neeeeeeddddd it.

Dude im glad you guys can see how low the front is and how high the rear looks lol IM NOT
CRAZY!!!

If you have that rim please let me know asap!

I'll see what I can do - but they are available on-line and mine will have the 48 spoke pattern - for which you would require the matching hub or will not "spoke-up" correctly.

Back