Wanted - 18 tooth front sprocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah....I was running 18/32 for a little while, went back to 17 front and now want to change the rear back to 30. I really like 35 hundred R @ around 55-60 mph, it just feels right.
If I could find someone that wants to trade a 32 rear for a 30.......

Yeah....I was running 18/32 for a little while, went back to 17 front and now want to change the rear back to 30. I really like 35 hundred R @ around 55-60 mph, it just feels right.
If I could find someone that wants to trade a 32 rear for a 30.......

how did you like the 18/32 combo? going from 34 to 32 in the rear helped out a ton but my other bike has the mikes 5th gear so im used to no vibes at 75mph. hoping the 18 front will get me close to that without losing a ton of bottom end

The 18/32 is pretty much the same as the 17/30, just have to keep a sharp eye out for chain slap on the shift rod and you need to remove the shift gaurd. Sometimes on very slow turns at intersections you have to shift to first or clutch her heavy...read- take her down to almost stop for 1st or crank her a bit in 2nd for the turn (WEEEE!). After a while you get to where you can make the right decision for the slow turns.
The 17/32 is a bit better than stock but doesn't give me the full use of ALL the gears. My riding is hills, hollers and straight runs posted @ 55mph. I could do the straights in 4th @ 55mph and about 4 grand R's with the 17/30 or 18/32. Hardly ever do 5th in the hills and hollers. Hmmmmm....mikes 5th with a 17/30 or 18/32 gearing might be the end all.
As far as the 18 front and no shift gaurd? I'd hate to lose the chain and trash the left side. Think I'll have to spring for a 30 tooth rear/l soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back