1939 Brough Superior 11.50 and SS100

I didn't know about the Jay Leno site. The video with the Brough Superior was total entertainment for me:thumbsup:

Hard to imagine the garage and cars/bikes that man owns................who ever said money can't buy happiness:doh:

Who ever said money can't buy happiness didn't have any:)

Yea, I think it's cool to listen to Jay's narration, He is very passionate and VERY knowledgeable about bikes and cars. I wish he had his own show, I'd watch it.

Leno is a gearhead for sure. One of my favorite routines of his is from a few years ago, he said his wife was out for the day and he took the opportunity to replace some bearings in a set of engine cases. He put the bearings in the freezer and stuck the cases in the oven to heat so the bearings would drop in easily. His wife came home a few hours early and he said he didn't remember much after that. :laugh:

Hi Guys,

If I've read it right, the 11.50 was designed to have the simplicity of the SS80 (V-Twin Flathead) and the power of the OHV SS100. Pretty nice bike, and Classic Motorcycle features it this month (or it might be last month, not sure now.).

According to a period test, it handles very well, stopped fine, and would cruise at 60 mph all day, topping out at 81mph.

In a day when 'Erbert's Austin 7 topped out at what? Maybe 55 mph, that was a pretty hot bike! (I'd still rather have a Four-Valve Rudge Ulster, though. Can't help it---I have a serious affair going--all in my head--with a Rudge Ulster.....)

Leno? Well, there is so much eye candy available that if I ever get to tour the place, I'd probably need a shot of insulin....:bike:

Back