1971 xs1b clutch push screw

evoloner

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will start this saying I have posted a wanted ad in the classifieds.
I am looking for any one that can point me in the right direction on finding an 1971 xs1b clutch push screw, this part has three splines that guide the push screw not the more common four. I can and am willing to trade, buy, or what ever to get a hold of one of these. I am in need of it for a project I am working on and this 71 is my daily as well.
PLEASE anyone that can help please, pm or respond to this thread. Thank you.
Jesse

thanks, I have been looking everywhere, i found a place in Oregon that specializes in old school parts. waiting to hear back and see if they can even get the right part. I will update as I go, still if any one out there has a 1971 and has extra parts hit me up.

Im sure it would, but like like the link i posted, you are still able to find the 3 spline assembly, so why try it, ya know.. just my opinion, not my bike ha.

well just so anybody wants to know, the newer four spline type are about 8% smaller and wont even match up to the mounting points of the clutch side casing. I have a 1980 xs650 and have an extra push screw assembly for it, and have even tried to swap the whole casing for that matter, and again the newer push screws are smaller and wont even fit the older one piece shift rod that is in the 71. hope that explains a little about my predicament. and if anything I hope it helps any one with an older model like the 71.

The link to the ebay store is the same people I actually found the part with but i had found their website firs. But thank you. And if any one reads this, please check them out they were very helpful!

Back