1973 Brat Style Build

So, I haven't gotten too many things done in the past week on the bike because of the holidays and work, but I did get the frame welded up as well as the tank mounts. Currently in the pictures I just have some nuts holding the tank on, I will soon be replacing them with gold plated wing nuts and gold plated washers. I have also made a final decision on the frame, I will be stripping everything down, sandblasting the frame with a very coarse blast, then taking an abrasion wheel and scuffing up the entire frame, giving it either a machined look or just a rough raw metal look. Then I will be taking an etching clear to coat the frame in all of the crevices and tiny pits, the I will go over that with a gold tinted clear. I want all the marks in the metal to show through the gold clear. I am still trying to decide how I want to do the tank and the fender. I know I want to incorporate a dark green, lace, a lighter green, and some mega flake green. I also know that I want to keep the paint scheme in the 1970's era, any ideas would certainly be helpful.

SPRING-SUMMER2007268.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007267.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007269.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007270.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007271.jpg

So here are a few updates on the scoot.

I got a fat bob rear fender and cut that up a bit. I also got some solid riser bushings from Hughs handbuild, and might I say, they are high quality and bad ass...

On with the pics....

SPRING-SUMMER2007277.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007281.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007280.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007278.jpg

SPRING-SUMMER2007279.jpg

Still need to make a rear fender mount that I want to use for a seat mount as well. I will be working on this probably this upcoming Tuesday so I will have pics up after that!

Back