1973 XS650 bobber build

i lived in lawrence, kansas from 3rd-6th grade (kennedy elementary) and went to south junior high for 7th grade moved to desoto after that.

i also lived in bigjimmy's neck of the woods in 2003-2004... in wacko waco,tx

Where do you live now? On top of that why don't you go ahead and post an intro thread and show us what ya got....

i'm in mountain home arkansas now... and i don't have a bike yet. i missed my chance by dragging my feet on a 77 xs650 roller. i will have one soon thats why i want to pay attention to this build because i can watch it from the start

I will try and get some more pictures tonight! I am waiting for more parts from TCBrothers to get here so I can continue the mock up process.

Dumb question coming from someone who hasn't yet learned much in regards to fabrication, but don't you have to jig the frame when you cut it like that? To ensure that it's straight when you weld on the hardtail?

Thanks for clarifying,
Adam

They say its smart too, I didnt and i havent had a problem.. and im sure many people havent without a problem. But its always smart to be safe rather than sorry. I learned about doing that after I had already cut my frame. Guess i got lucky!

Back