Make Offer - 1974 TX650 Parting Out

cbussler

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have a 1974 TX that doesn't run, and has no title. I was going to start another project, but think I'm just going to stick with the '72 I have and be happy. Time to make room in the garage.

I'm going to start by listing what it doesn't have. The guys on the old 650rider boards have been good to me, so I thought I'd list it here before going to eBay or Craigslist. Once I begin the tear-down, I'll take pictures as I go along.

If there's a part you're interested in, I'll take a picture of it. Any reasonable offers welcome.

I'm located not far from Philadelphia for shipping/pickup.

Hope there's something here that can help somebody out.

Missing:
Tank
Side Covers
Headlight Assembly
Instrument Cluster
Mirrors
Tail Light/Turn Signals
Exhaust

The rest is there. The engine won't turn over, so I'm going to poke around and see what's up with that.

Thanks all.

-Carl

PS. I also have another Travelcade bucket seat on a seat pan that was on my '72 XS. Some scuffs from storage, but otherwise good shape. Will take pics tonight.

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have fork tubes that aren't all rusted, where the headlight bucket side brackets usually sit. I have a set, but once I slid the healight tubes off, they were covered with rust underneath.

Thanks,

Marc

I'll have a look at it this weekend and get some pics to you of the forks. I'll just need to remove the headlight ears.

Thanks for inquiring!

-Carl

i'm looking for a kick starter lever, shift lever, and rear brake drum lever..LMK if these are available.

Hi,

I need a swing arm. Do you have one for sale? Would you ship to the UK?
I have a good one on my XS2 but I want to have a spare to experiment on. I want to do a deep brace but of my own design. I would rather not experiment on mine just in case!

Tim.

Tim, I have a swingarm off a 72 xs I would sell for $20 +shipping, can get a quote if I have your address. thx don

Thank you Don, you have made my day.
Address is:

TIM LOUTH
11 FAIRACRE WALK
FAREHAM
HAMPSHIRE
PO143AX
UNITED KINGDOM

Can I pay you by pay pal?

Don,
I am so excited I am off to cut some steel.
I have owned, and still do own, loads of bikes. Why does a 38 year old XS2 give me the most pleasure?
I love the kids, I sometimes love the wife. However, if they left home I would get over it. If my XS2 went....................................nuff said!

I am looking for a fork cylinder for a '74 TX 650. I don't know if you know what that is, but it's a shaft about 6" long with a barrel on the end. If you happen to have one, I'd be interested to see how much you would want for it. If you still don't know what it is, even after my very inaccurate description, I can post a pic for you.

Thanks,

Marc

Back