For Sale - 1974 Yamaha TX650 Electric Start

J-Rod10

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Recently brought up to flawless mechanical condition, this unrestored British-styled motorcycle is fully-operable and has been proven in daily use. Stored for 30+ years indoors, this pre-"cruiser" model Yamaha 650 2-cylinder with electric start has been well-preserved. Alternately named TX650 and XS650; in contrast to the 650 Special, this model remains nearest to the original concept of all. I can assure of the motorcycle's age and use being as low as it appears, having bought the bike from an 80+ year old grandfather who remembered the bike's history in detail. I've owned a lot of seventies-era Yamahas and have seen very few in this condition. I think you'd not be disappointed.

Five speeds provide brisk around town use and cruising at 70+ mph.
Starter operation is by electric switch or kick lever. Two petcocks supply fuel and a choke lever allows cold-start. Electric starter switch is combined with the decompression lever on the right.

Includes tool pouch and manual. Tabs will be needed. Clean title
Recent service has included: New tires and tubes, new battery, new clutch cable, rebuilt petcocks,fresh oil change and filter, new fuel filters, carburetor clean/synchronization, brake service w/new fluid, new chain, and new fork seals w/oil. Tires are both Dunlop "Gold" K70; each are of front or rear-specific design.
Value based on condition and soundness. Flaws include scrapes at lower right pipe chrome, a chink on headlight ear and paint flaking near fuel filler cap (dribbled when overfilled).

Asking for $4800 shipped.

Thanks

001.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg
018.jpg

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 14