Sold / Found / Inactive - 1975 speedo face and or the whole speedo

Mikey

got muscles in his head that ain't never been used
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Once again the face plate on my 75 speedometer broke in 2 and I think I've glued this one once already (What vibration?)
Let me know what you got
Thanks Mikey
IMG_20210910_122340092_HDR (1).jpg

Good luck Mikey.
That's sounds just like what the priest said to me right after he said "I now pronounce you...." (99 to life)
Finding that would be like finding the unicorn but what the hell ...

I wore a suit to my wedding when the priest said ‘I pronounce you......a’hem good luck’. The next time I wore a suit the magistrate said ‘5 years’ guess which one is the life sentence?

I wore a suit to my wedding when the priest said ‘I pronounce you......a’hem good luck’. The next time I wore a suit the magistrate said ‘5 years’ guess which one is the life sentence?
Some times it's just cheaper to keep her

Me too I figured misery needs company

Man after my own heart; there is always the consoling whiskey bottle to turn to, never answers back.

Fair play my missus bought me a new leather jacket when I got the XS. After increasing my life insurance. Nice!

Mikey, I think I have one in my bin. Let me double check and make sure there's no damage to it

That's caused by the screws being to tight. they should be just snugged up with lock-tight. Even the wifes nail-polish under the screw heads stops them from unscrewing.

Make sure the face has trip meter on top. 74 gauge face has the trip meter on the bottom

Mikey, I think I have one in my bin. Let me double check and make sure there's no damage to it
Thanks!
It don't have to be perfect cause I can always open up the case if I need to do repairs

That's caused by the screws being to tight. they should be just snugged up with lock-tight. Even the wifes nail-polish under the screw heads stops them from unscrewing.

Make sure the face has trip meter on top. 74 gauge face has the trip meter on the bottom
I was wondering if I put just a tiny little bit of caulking under the plate where the screws are it might help

Shouldn't need to put anything under the face plate. When the screws are tightened, you can feel them get snug, and if they get tightened anymore, it feels like they could be tightened up some more but don't. ..............Not like a normal screw where it gets hard then another tweak to make sure they have been screwed down hard.

Shouldn't need to put anything under the face plate. When the screws are tightened, you can feel them get snug, and if they get tightened anymore, it feels like they could be tightened up some more but don't. ..............Not like a normal screw where it gets hard then another tweak to make sure they have been screwed down hard.
I had to have tightened that last one to much I wish they had a little rubber whatever that the screws would go into
I gotta quit that as there getting scarce

Hey Mikey, here's a photo of the speedo I have. No real issues that I can see with my eyes. If you think you might be interested shoot me a PM!

Attachments

• 20211008_222048.jpg
    20211008_222048.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 100