Hi guys,

Clean 1975 XS650 scrambler build for sale on Minneapolis craigslist,

Take Care,

Attachments

• 20120910 026.jpg
    20120910 026.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Very nice looking bike,may I say:Also,may I respectfully inquire if any original history
documentation is available?I respectfully share the common question;HOW DO YOU KNOW FROM A POSTING WHEN the ad clearly says,orig mi.?My answer is always,ask.If it gets gets your ole tickerz heart beat gauge pumpin GRAPE POP,relax,SHARE.The Fact from the photo of the the speedo tilted and unable to keep longi-latit,w.t.f.?If it is a noted functional BLURP,aka functional F-UP and still works,do not TWEEK now.Ain't a match book cvr flded twised can stop the speedo frm twstn a bit in the 74tx&75b mount.Peace.

That was the most incomprehensible post I've ever tried to read.

Nice bike. Any mods aside from the aggressive tires and 'offroad' handlebars to make it more dirt-worthy?

That was the most incomprehensible post I've ever tried to read.

Nice bike. Any mods aside from the aggressive tires and 'offroad' handlebars to make it more dirt-worthy?

The "SCRAMBLER" decals on the sidecovers totally change the off-road handling dynamic of the bike. The "OHC ELECTRIC" labeled XS650B models ain't worth a shit on any surface other than smooth pavement.

I think what magoo said he would like to confirm the mileage(say like a series of inspections with date and mileage). He doesn't want the OP to get stressed about it. The twist in the gauges was the nature of the beast and could be fixed with a folded match book cover. Do they even make paper matches anymore?

@danno
BWHAHHAHAHA good eye. Didn't catch the sticker mod for dirt. BWHAHAHAHA
I at least expected a set of Gordon Scotts high rise pipes when I opened the thread.

Hi Guys,

I can't confirm the mileage, but it does look and run like a 7,000 mile bike, all bushings were still tight, etc.. I bought it from a motorcycle shop who said it was a one owner bike that had sat in the corner of a garage for decades.

The XS runs out great, no major mods, in addition to the tires the forks were serviced with 20w and the rear shocks were turned up a couple clicks.

I thought about high pipes, but hard to get them tucked in enough for long 2-up riding.

Take Care,

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Shinko front, kenda rear, handle great on and off pavement. Handle-bars are vintage enduro replacements, more pullback than mx bars. I drilled and slotted the bars for the internal wiring, the ends are filled with lead to dampen vibration, feel smoother than the originals. The fender was cut with a die grinder then polished.

Last edited:
Great so you put aftermarket mufflers and knobbies with different handlebars and its Now a scrambler ”build”... Excuse me but WTF?? a bit like putting clubman bars on a moped and claiming its a ”cafe racer”

"Scrambler" to me (and wiki) is as a street bike modified for dirt use, you can take this to any level you wish. I chose to pay tribute to the earliest while retaining two-up usefulness. On this site there are beautiful examples of guys that have taken XS's further, very cool but not my goal.

The pass pegs on the XS are for passengers on the WR450 they are to get your buddy back to civilization after crashing his bike beyond field repair. I could spend my asking price on XS mods and it wouldn't hang with my friends offroad, wasn't the point, the low pipe scrambler photo was the look I was going for.

Attachments

• xs650 wr 1.JPG
    xs650 wr 1.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 128
  • xs650 wr 2.JPG
    xs650 wr 2.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 113
  • xs650 tr mq.JPG
    xs650 tr mq.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Back