Wanted - 1975 XS650B Cam Chain Cap

arfcorps

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Long, 1975 XS650B type cap wanted, as seen here

Tensioner-C_zpsd1fca117.jpg

Cheers!
Arf

FYI, I bought a custom made cap for my 75 on ebay about a year ago. Made out of billet aluminum, by Richard Getman of Custom Motorcycle Parts. Ph. (559) 592-4238.
rlgetrichman33@verizon.net As I said, it was about a year ago, so hopefully he is still out there. Good Luck, Tealglide

Thanks! I found a second hand one on EBAY, had to buy the full adjuster though :)

That'll teach me to over-torque cast metal :banghead:

Cheers!
Arf

Okay I'm worn out today and I'm just going to hyjack this old thread since it has a photo of the part I need. Yep......another one bites the dust. I'll know better next time but I need the LONG early cap...just like the one pictured on this thread. It's for a 1975 XS650B.

Thanks in advance and finger on the paypal button.....Gordon in NC

tealglide wrote earlier in this thread that he purchased one from this fellow:

Made out of billet aluminum, by Richard Getman of Custom Motorcycle Parts. Ph. (559) 592-4238.

I just got off the phone with Richard and he says he will be finishing up a batch (15) in a week or so. He sells them through ebay.

Man I'd love to have one but they are $50 and I hate to put something like that on a $5 motorcycle (my poor XS is sorta scruffy). But if push comes to shove and it's a matter of I ride or don't, I guess I'll just have to bite the BILLET :laugh: and get one of Richard's.

Keep digging Dog.........Gordon in NC

I scored one off of ebay......take me off the list. From now on I'll keep an eye out for them at swaps. That BIG nut deceiving (sp?)......I'll know better next time not to over tighten it.

Gordon

sorry man I just can't find it i know I have 2 just can't put my hands on them right now

Hey Dog......no worries man thanks for looking. IF you happen to run across them...I'm thinking a spare might not be a bad idea so put me back on the list. If you only find one.....let Chris have it. In the meantime....I'm covered (pun intended)

Take care.....spring's here and life is worth living again. :)

It's never to late to start wasting your life...:bike:.....Gordon in NC

No worries if you can't find them, Gordon can you give me a link or something to the eBay account where I could find the new cap? I tried searching his name but nothing came up.

No worries if you can't find them, Gordon can you give me a link or something to the eBay account where I could find the new cap? I tried searching his name but nothing came up.

Chris....I didn't have an ebay link to work with either.....just give him a call. He's a nice fellow to talk to and he can give you his ebay information. I didn't get it because I had to spend that $50 on other stuff for the bike. I was lucky enough to do a fairly good JB Weld fix on the one I broke....and I know it would probably have done me in a pinch. I'll sit that one on the shelf above the work bench to remind me not to be a bone head.

Take care.....if my XS was nicer....I'd love to have one of those billet pieces.

Gordon in NC

Just wanted to say I bought a cap from Richard, I just got it today. The piece is beautiful and fits perfectly. I'll take pictures of it installed. If you can spend the extra money on it, it's worth it!

Back