1975 XS650B carb question with pics.

rickolis22

XS650 Member
Reaction score
full

full

I have a couple questions about my 1975 xs650b carbs. The first picture is of the left side carb. The circled portion is where extra fuel is accessed from the float bowl while the choke is on correct? This is missing from the right side carb. Should this be present in both carbs or just the left because these are unlinked carbs with the choke only on the left.

The second picture shows the right side carb. The circled portion shows what looks like a brass ball blocking the passageway. Is that supposed to be there? It is not present on the left side carb. I just want to make sure i'm not missing anything or have anything where its not supposed to be before i clean and put these back together.

This is my first bike and its been sitting 10 years so i've slowly been working on it to get it back up and running. I've tried searching for these answers but couldn't find anything difinitive and the factory manual i bought doesn't mention this. This site has given me lots of great info from just looking around. Thanks in advance for your help guys!

Your carbs are correct. The rich choke mix is fed to the right carb via a rubber cross-over hose between the carbs. You can see the right carb's nipple for it on the lower left of your 2nd pic. The left carb will have a corresponding nipple pretty much directly opposite it sticking out the side of the choke assembly.

Thank you so much. Once i get these cleaned up and put back together and the rust cleaned out of the tank i can see if this old bike will fire up. Thanks again and i really appreciate the quick response.

Thanks. I've been wanting to get a 70's japanese bike for years and finally picked one up. Very happy with my purchase even though its a bit more work than i had planned.

I wondered the same thing when I pulled mine apart.. Then I looked at it a little closer and seen how it all worked...... Post some picks of your bike... I got me a '75 also, had it about couple of months now... I ride it to work everyday weather permitting...:bike:

WOW...thanks, RBJ...great work. These are really nice and the diagrams and charts are a terrific resource. Thank you so much! (By the way, what is the diagram of the two pieces, the left side piece with internal threads? I can't figure it out! (Nor can I figure out the other diagram.) Thanks for the ad and electrical diagrams. Super work!

Back