1977 XS650 worth ?

Hazzy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First post and thank you for having me join!

Considering this, $2200 seems high (?), pics show inside the tank is clean, and "new jets, floats, and filters. Petcocks have been rebuilt and the tank cleaned out. Fresh oil change. All lights and electrics work, including electric start. New battery. Charges at 14.2 volts. All original paint and chrome. running well".

Would appreciate any input, and thank you!
354588601_1018350456009732_4935669462025494770_n.jpg

Hi everyone,

Considering this, $2200 seems high (?), pics show inside the tank is clean, and "new jets, floats, and filters. Petcocks have been rebuilt and the tank cleaned out. Fresh oil change. All lights and electrics work, including electric start. New battery. Charges at 14.2 volts. All original paint and chrome. running well".

Would appreciate any input, and thank you!View attachment 246568
That could be a good buy. ‘77 is very popular amongst the faithful. Prices vary by location.

Hi Hazzy---From your pic this looks very sorted. Nice tank, paint, wheels, two into one exhaust, seat. Engine looks like the right side under the exhaust may be some leakage. may just need a head retourc...... You could not put this bike together for $2200. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Hi everyone,

Would appreciate any input, and thank you!View attachment 246568
What they said. I'd buy it!

The price seems reasonable
Just haggle a bit with the buyer look the bike over carefully so they know you are looking for problems if there are any
Anything you can see like tires maybe old or worn oil leaks etc.
And... Bring $100 bills!! offer $1900 or $2000 and see what happens (you can always pay asking price)
$100 dollar bills will get there attention !

Fork seals.... ? Toss the exhaust and gp with the stock headers and the aftermarket long Emco baseball ball bat mufflers. Very close to the original style.... would be great if Mikes Xs pop'd this series of exhaust. Mileage ? These 77-9 standards seem to ne the pick of choice for Xs guys.... good bikes... handle well.... price is ... fair.... of course haggle... NO one pays ask'n price.... 😎

That'd be a $3000 bike here in the Northwest all day long.

I'm still waiting to find a nice survivor 75 (or even a 76) somewhere...very difficult to find around here.

Back