For Sale - 1978 Motor w/pamco

rwingsfan

Xs 650 Dummy
Reaction score
Have a running 1978 motor for sale. Runs great, but does have some oil leakage around the pamco side cam housing seal, may have some slight head gasket seepage also. It would leave a small drop of oil on the garage floor after riding awhile, would however spray a drop or two on my right leg :yikes: Anyway it is what it is. Sell for $175 without pamco or $225 with pamco. Aslo have side cover.

IMAG0027.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I'm surprised this is still here. $225 for a running motor with a Pamco. That's a smoking deal! You're basically getting the motor for 125 bucks. Probably would go on eBay for three times that much. Bump to the top for everyone to see. I wish you were local, because this would be mine!

Yeah, figured someone would snatch her up quick, but guess I'll hold on to it for awhile.

Wow. I'm surprised this is still here. $225 for a running motor with a Pamco. That's a smoking deal! You're basically getting the motor for 125 bucks. Probably would go on eBay for three times that much. Bump to the top for everyone to see. I wish you were local, because this would be mine!

Alright, cool. Let me know if that changes. We have a great city for dropping off engines :)

I'd head out west, but I'm super busy on weekends for the next month or so.

Pretty sure this is my old motor. Ran strong and fine before i traded to rwingsfan. the leakagge from the left side timing cover is because of a small step between the valve cover and the head - it should be ground for 20 seconds with a dremel to level it so the gasket can work properly. For the head gasket, the last time i compression checked it had 150+ both sides - i wasn't aware of any seepage, but that may be because i only wash my xs's when it rains.

Other things: top end freshening spring 2009, valve lapping, new valve stem seals, new rings, new headgasket/bottom gasket, brass bushing replacement, new cam bearings, allen key tappet adjusters, one piece clutch rod, new clutch rod bushing/seal, new main sprocket seal. Uhhhhmmmm. If i think of anything more, i'll add.

(rwf, just trying to help out - if any of those things changed, let me know and i'll edit)

I would have given him the extra $250 to keep it, for sure.

hmmm. where are you in des moines? my brother in-law could probably pick it up if i can come up with the $. he's in pleasant hill.

Still available and I will not ship it unless someone comes to my house with cash and handles it from there. Sorry but just not interested in shipping (I have been asked 20 times) :wtf: :D :bike:

Back