For Sale - 1978 xs650 chop

Freak

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally decided to part ways with her. I have spent a lot of time and countless hours on this build. G & L hardtail, 21 front wheel, 180 rear Harley wheel and tire setup with Harley rear brake. Lowered and shaved front forks. Bike is raw ready for your color or leave raw. Now for the Heart which is an understatement this thing is a F&@$ing monster. :)

750 big bore
Heads done by Bore Tech.
Rephased crank and cam by you know who :) Hugh's handbuilt.
Brand new Mikuni vm34 from 650central ( no junk )
Pamco ignition.
5th gear overdrive
Kick only- starter and guts removed

No expense spared and I probably have around $4000 in the motor alone.
I am asking $6000 for this bike and will except decent offers, don't make me laugh, you know what your looking at and what it takes to build these correctly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Grrr having trouble posting pics!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 108
I can't do it! Had some ok offers but most guys have never built a bike and just don't get it. No offense to anyone but she's a keeper and I would kick myself in the ass if I sold this bike for just an ok offer, Now the question is do I paint or leave her dirty?

Bars are Pro Taper YZ high bend, controls are Migura throttle from 650central, front brake master cylinder setup off yzf450 w/brake light switch, mirror is a swap meet special, you could flee bay " bar end mirror" good luck with it :bike:

paint it, if it looks like a finished bike you may get better offers. no offense but id never pay top dollar for a bike that looks unfinished. at least poslish up that 4000 dollar engine at the very least clean it up.

Not hurting my feelings, but the idea was basically let her look dirty or unfinished kinda sleeper like. Then once you fire it up :yikes:let the fun begin!
Anyhow yes painting this winter :thumbsup:

Back