1978 XS650 Custom Build, The Dirty Dizon

Really good idea wicked clown. Now, problem is..mounting the seat so it looks good and doesn't have a fender bashing into it!?

And carrying a bit of luggage as well..

yah, i like that design a lot as well wickedclown, although I am not sure it suits the current build.

are you using Burly shocks?

Yes Sir those are Burly shocks :)

I was trying to point out the connection spots and not really the strut design itself. I looked all over at how folks were connecting theirs for rear disk and all I could find was drum brake ( which seems much easier for setting up everything in the rear department :p ). I hope that you can find some inspiration from my trials and tribulations in rear fender struts for disk brakes ( it took me three tries and alot of 1/2" round stock until I settled on the design I posted ).

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing the end state of your project :D

Thanks!

For anyone else interested in using Burly Slammer Sportster shocks on their Visual Impact Brat build, please visit the URL below to review the adaptor kit. We have done the leg work in figuring out which model Burly and Progressive shocks will work on the XS650 using the adaptor kit. If you order through our affiliate link you will also save $5 on the kit! Win-win!

www.retropetrolmc.com

Last edited:
Got to ride my bike last night for the first time! started first kick. Smooth as silk :)
full

Yeah riding position will take a while to get used to. It's actually more comfortable than it looks but I'll see when I put some miles in. Might switch out bars later on if it bothers me. Bike is intended to be a barhopper. Probably not going to take any long cruises.

This is how she stands today. Going to enjoy her for a while before phase 2 starts. Teardown,paint and dress up to come. New wheels etc...

full

Thanks Man! Not really sure about the paint scheme yet. Just enjoy riding it for now. But when I really like the look of this particular bike.

D-5546-4CEC-9480-D5673B46F728-559-000000480D298E4E.jpg

Check out this video made by Pandemonium Choppers. I purchased this from them. They're called hotrod pipes and just love the sound. They are pretty loud. My neighbors love me haha

In terms of the wheels. I was thinking spoked. Either 2 16 inch for front/back or 2 19's front/back and the last combo I was thinking 16 back and 23 up front. We'll see :)

Cool. Yeah the 16" rear with 21" up front will look good. I'm sticking with the mags on mine. Cheaper and I've already bought a new front tire.

Back