Status
Not open for further replies.

erklep

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
55 shipped

DSC05623.jpg

Last edited:
I'd say the speedo doesn't look right since my 79 speedo goes to 120mph but that might be because it was a Special.

They are off a 80-82 xs400

correct, upon a google search, they appear to be from an xs400. i didnt know any better as they came off a clean, fully stock 79 special. apparently at some point the p/o switched the gauges. thanks chris!

so anyone interested?

They look exactly like the ones off my 1980.

so mabye they are correct then?? personally im not 100% because i did not own the bike since new but i can say that they bike was unmolested and kept fully stock so i assume the gauges are correct. anyway, they are in great working order and good condition.

EDIT: i did some digging and found (on petes speedo modding thread) that the later model xs650s used gauges with a higher redline

I hate that the speedo only goes to 85mph, makes it seem like a sissy bike, lol.

Yeah, the KZ1300 guys would kill for the first year speedo that went to 160MPH and they hated the 85 MPH Nadergauge. It's funny if you watch no-nothings they always look at the speedometer and think it's a fast bike if it goes waaay up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back