For Sale - 1979 xs650 bobber

sullitf

XS650 Member
Reaction score
WP_000102.jpg

Just found out my wife and I will be moving from Seattle to Atlanta and unfortunately I need to sell. Hate to do it as I only bought the bike last fall but I can't justify shipping the bike coast to coast.

I haven't ridden the bike regularly since late November but I cranked it up once a week to ride around the neighborhood to warm it up and keep everything lubed

The bad -
Pulled it out 2 weeks ago to get it ready to start riding to work, went to replace the spark plugs and one of them was stripped in the block. The bike isn't currently running and has sat for the last 2 weeks, if I wasn't moving across the country in 3 weeks I'd order a the 750cc kit from MikesXS

The good -
hardtail frame professionally welded
aftermarket gas tank
like new mikuni VM34 carbs
free flow pipes
standard bar and 6" hangers
electric starter removed
Turn signals removed

Asking $1700

Location - Redmond, WA

Last edited:
GAT DAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you fucking literally weren't across our wide ass nation i'd put cash in your hand TODAY

fuck.

Good luck with sale though! someone is lucky!

Thanks guys, I hate to see her go so soon but shipping the bike is an added expense I'd rather not have along with everything else in the move.

I got the bike for a good price last fall but now it needs a new block and I personally wouldn't feel comfortable buying a bike for $2k+ if it wasn't running

That said, if there's no one that wants to buy it before I move then I'll likely end up shipping it home and building a rephased 750cc for it :)

Umm, so ya know....stripped spark plug threads are repairable. Worst case you need a new head. The motor isnt ruined. It doesnt need a full rebuild. You could fix it in an afternoon. Just some food for thought....

Craig

Thanks Craig, I know it isn't a huge issue but I want to make it clear to anyone who may be interested

When I first found the issue a couple weeks ago I wad trying to decide whether to keep it a 650 or take on a 750 rephase project I've been kicking around. Turns out we will be moving cross country in 3 weeks and its just one more thing to ship and one more project.

it really isn't a big mechanical problem but given what I paid for it I'd be comfortable selling it for $1700. Its a great deal for whoever buys it and I dont have to pay $400-600 to ship it, not to mention it makes the wife happy ;)

Yeah you can put an insert in that plug hole.....with it right on the bike....no big deal, have it running in 20 mins.

If you were local Id have that setting in my garage.....just 'cuz.

I hope you get er sold.....someones got a good deal coming.

If Lukemylo isn't all over this i am interested in getting it before you move. PM me and let me know and we can figure something out.

Back