For Sale - 1979 xs650 - GA

4ever2wheels

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
1979 Yamaha xs650 - $3500

Selling this for a friend that's going through a divorce.

Guy's a master mechanic and built this bike and then rebuilt it for himself. Needless to say, no expense was spared. Couldn't find a cleaner motor.

750 big bore kit
Port and polished heads
Shell Racing Camshaft
Stainless lifters
5th gear overdrive
Boyer Brandsden ignition
Solid State Voltage Regulator
Rebuilt Mikuni Carbs
All filters, neck bearings, wheel bearings, swing arm bushing are new.
New seat, p pad, saddle bags, tool bags, sissy bar
Harley bullet turn signals
respoked wheels, new brake pads, and new Michelin tires (still has the little nubs on them)
mustang tank that's been relined with kreem
new fish tail exhaust

I know I'm missing some stuff but you get the idea. Everything on the bike has been gone through and either cleaned, replaced, or upgraded.

Email me with questions or photos - Forever2wheels13@ymail.com

Last edited:
sorry to hear about the reason for your friends sale of the bike. Life really sucks sometimes. Hope your friends partner is selling off some of her shoes, clothes and cosmetics lol:D:thumbsup:

It would be good to see at least one pic here if possible ?

I would strongly suggest you remove your email address from the post and request interested parties contact you initially by PM (private message) or the spambots will get you for sure :yikes:

hi having gone thru., a divorce in 1991 in australia after 20 years of marriage,,,, it does hurt a little,,, now to the bike,, you could arrange for it to dissappear,,, where it would be in safe keeping,,,and then later ..... find it,,, .... because he wouldn,t have it it cann,t be factored in to the divorce,,, its only an idea.... for thought regards oldbiker

when my partner and I seperated years ago I offered her anything that she wanted to take ...She took nothing!....

We've remained very good friends since and I value that friendship higher than our previous relationship.

It pays to stay friends when splitting up :D:thumbsup:

you'd stand a better chance if you post a picture or two or at least make sure that your link still works :wink2:

Back