For Sale - 1979 xs650 special, king/queen seat, luggage rack, higway bars, 7700 original miles

cummins6fiddy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
1979 xs650 special ---SOLD---

Hey forum! I am selling my xs650 that I bought from the original owner last summer. I was going to build another bobber but decided it is in to good of condition to cut up. So I bought another not so nice 650 and selling this one.

Like the title says, its has king queen seat, 7700 miles and counting, new battery, pod filters, and coils last summer. I still have original air boxes. Bike has bill of sale from original owner and original documents from the dealer in 79! Also has a luggage rack and highway bars.

I am asking 1600 for the bike, which I think is reasonable. I am located in Norwich CT, you can contact me through PM. Thanks for looking!

These pics are from last summer when I first got it, before I cleaned it up.

2011-09-17_13-07-24_193-1.jpg

2011-09-17_13-07-47_39.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, I have 100% feedback on other forums and on ebay that I can provide. Just thought I would put that out there.

i am pondering bussing it out there and riding it back. are the brakes and signals/lights all good and inspection/license worthy?

All lights, signals, brakes work. Front brakes can use a bleed which I will do today, since I've been meaning to do it since I've owned the bike. I don't see why it wouldn't pass inspection. Where abouts will you be coming from?

im only 10% considering it and thats if i opt to sell my ramcharger. i am in utah and it would be cheaper to ride than ship it. unless i have a over the road buddy coming back with room on a trailer.

Ok man, well if you sell the ram charger and decide you want it just let me know. My number is 860-949-7074. Hit me up whenever man.

Back