Wanted - 1980 (or comparable) TCI pick up coil.

Have one off a running engine.
To your door $50.00
IIRC you need to grind a slot to get the "screws" off an 80 I will send screws with this 81 pickup. I will slot and separate the wires from the stator harness.

Shoot... The "80" was an unnoticed typo. My motor is an 81. Definitely interested. Waiting to hear back from a friend who thinks he has one. If that falls through, I'm in. Thanks a million.

No problem, I'm a "rocket ship"er.

You tested them? check again by shoving the probe into the wires at the pick up if you don't like the readings at the plug
black to orange or gray about 650 ohms range of 600 to 700 would be working. Have you recently replaced the rotor? If so what rotor did you use?

Nothing to test. Both parts are missing. Bought the bike as a basket case and like a moron I believed the seller (friend of a friend deal) when he said it was all there. It was cheap so I'm slightly less annoyed but... Seems funny that the two parts that sell for stupid money are missing ::) .

Found the ignition unit for a song thanks to a rad guy who gets how this whole old bike thing should work. Just need the damned pick-up coil now so I can finish wiring.

FWIW, this is the little old XS as it sits... Waiting for its motor.

20140507_150338.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully I'll know yea or nay on the one from my buddy asap.

-Mike

Back