1980 SG 1943 Original miles

GW1950

XS650 Member
Reaction score
15633753674041815436823.jpg
1563375754879285874411.jpg
15633758027221887028437.jpg
I rescued this bike from the scrap man. It is mechanically perfect. I cleaned it up and it now Starts, runs . I haven't driven it yet because the seat was was destroyed by the sun, and the tires are the Originals and aren't what I would consider Safe. This would be a Great project for someone. Make a offer.

I haven't driven it yet because the seat was was destroyed by the sun,
I like that XS ! So did you put on that seat and tail cowl ? Nice look.
That is surprisingly low miles for a bike that does have some mods.
Glad you “saved it” from the cut up crew .
-RT

I did put the seat on it, and changed to handle bars and tail light. The originalOwner rode it once on the freeway, dropped it and never rode it again. The bike had a broken turn signal, bent handle bar, and a dented tank, and the head light support

Did you also add the left side front disc brakes ?
Vancouver WA is a few too many miles for me to toy with an offer today but that XS has captured my mind here at work. I’d like to commute on one.
-RT

This is a really nice bike. I rebuilt the master cylinder, purged all the fluids, mostly I just had to clean up everything. This bike spent 25 years in the garage. Then it spent about seven in the back yard where I rescued it. The paint on the side covers and tank were sun bake so bad that the paint lost all its color. All the rubber components were undamaged and with the exception of a couple that were exposed to direct sun. This is a survivor. I have all the part except the bent handle bar and the seat. I saved everything else. I also have some Extra parts , OEM complete gaskets set, carb rebuild kits and new rubber for clutch and brake handles and other exposed parts.

Man thats unreal..what a find..good thing you're on the left coast and i'm the right coast...LOL

Maybe if you tried selling it in the Classifieds...............I think that's what they are for............

Back