1980 Simplified wiring issue

scrapper

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bike -XS650 1980 G
The wiring on the bike was a complete mess, bike ran fine but lights and starter button were not working correctly If I jumped wires in various places they would work but not in a way that would work long term. I decided to pull it out and followed the Limeybikes simplified wiring diagram below, using the stock controls/switches from the bike.

http://texassausage.startlogic.com/...loads/2012/07/XS650-Wiring-Limeybikes_NEW.pdf
I've got no lights (head or tail) and start switch doesn't do anything. The horn does work.
The fuse that connects the Red/White wire coming from the right control (start/kill/lights on/off switch) and blue from the key blew straight away, it "buzzes" whenever I goto put a new one in. the first time I did this it blew the 20A fuse.
I'm abit confused by wiring from the Wires coming from the switches for the right hand one and if I've gone for the right wires and exactly how the start switch should be ground
Notes-
The battery on the bike is smaller than standard - (i know this could cause an issue with that start button)
I have the turn signals all capped off as I'm not going to have these at the moment.
Wires coming from the controls

Horn/Hi Low/Blinker

Yellow
Dark brown
Light Green
Dark Green
Black
Pink
Blue/Green
Blue/Yellow
Yellow/Red
Yellow/Black