For Sale - 1980 Special

xander18

Hotrod Hobo
Reaction score
1980 Special **Price Reduced** - $1000

Up for sale is my 1980 Yamaha XS 650 Special. I bought this bike last spring and rode it for the season, had a lot of fun, but selling it to fund a cafe project. Sorry, didn't come with a title and didn't need it here in VT.

This is a first kick bike. I put a new front tire, new battery, and new front pads on it last season. I also changed the rotor so now it charges and all electronics work and put on Harley mufflers (the stock exhaust was half missing and the other half rust). It has been modified to spade type fuses. The only things it needs are speedo and tach cables. Compression is 140+ in both cylinders, nice and torquey bike. Would make a good bobber/chopper/cafe project or ride it as is.

I can deliver within reasonable distance for $1/mile, or it can be seen in Claremont, NH. Also, pick up in Chelsea, VT would most likely be free, depending on the weekend. Sorry, don't really want to deal with shipping so local pickup only.

I have a lot of spare XS650 parts. If you can meet me at or near $1000 I'll throw you some stuff, otherwise $1000 obo.

PICS:
http://imgur.com/a/tfp9q#MyZaE

Last edited:
Back