1980 Street Tracker

hogrider

Ridin it like I stole it!
Reaction score
Picked up a basket case in Nov. 2010, just completed it in March of 2011.

101_1589.jpg

101_1592.jpg

101_1591.jpg

Attachments

• 101_1590.jpg
    101_1590.jpg
    323.8 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
That is one sharp lookin' ride!

The tank and rear fender/seat were purchased from Omar's. It just happens that Robert Ward (owner of Omar's) lives 45 minutes south of me. All of the work was done by me, engine work, paint, pipes, brackets,number plates, tail light bracket and turn signal mount, wiring mods, polishing, wheel lacing and trueing. This is my first metric custom after 25 years of building V-twins. Met many great people during this project and made a few friends as well. Time for a break in the action and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
:bike::bike:

I have recently designed and built two new mufflers for the Tracker. They have given me the sound and performance I was looking for. In total I spent 20.00 and 2 hours cutting pieces and welding them together, what a difference! I will attach photos soon and a short audio/video of the sound and look.

Last edited:
Thanks Ghetto! Well the reason I used the polished aluminum goes like this. The VIN has 69 as the last two digits, thus I was going to use 69 as a number on the plates, well...... My wife thought different after I installed the numbers and I not wanting to upset the apple cart removed them from the plates. Black would probably look good too, I just have not had the time to powder coat the existing plates.

Last edited:
The shocks came with the bike when I bought it, all I did was disassemble them, strip off the old paint, repainted them gloss black on the upper spring and gloss red on the lower spring, then polished the spring retainer and adjuster. However I do remember the name as being STREET STROKER, and I don't know this to be true but someone told me it was manufactured by PROGRESSIVE back in the day,they are also 13 inch center to center on the eyes unmounted.

The tail light was purchased from a company I found on ebay. Type in cateye tail light in the ebay browser bar and it should come up, sorry for not providing you with the company name but I tossed all receipts. The mounting was achieved by building an aluminum bracket that attached to the underside of the rear fender, this also allowed me to factor in additional tabs for the turn signals, which I again purchased on ebay from the same company.

Dave, Do you ever get out to ALICE'S on Skyline?

Here are some pics of the new mufflers just in case anyone is interested. These are more than a couple of cans with a pipe in and out, I have designed these with internal baffles that use no fiberglass packing of any kind. If anyone is interested in a short video of the new mufflers and how they sound just PM me with your email address and I will send you an email version, thanks.

Attachments

• 101_1675.jpg
    101_1675.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 74
  • 101_1673.jpg
    101_1673.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Here is the completed version. I might add that this bike may be up for sale soon!

Attachments

• 101_1677.JPG
    101_1677.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 101_1678.JPG
    101_1678.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 101_1676.JPG
    101_1676.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 113
Back