Looking for an exhaust for my new tracker build

Charles13

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
All the parts are coming together for my new street tracker build but I’m stuck on an appropriate exhaust for my application. The motor is a mild mannered stock type build with a 277* crank and one of Gary’s 750 kits. I want a bike that will cruise at low rpm steady throttle and putt around town while looking and sounding good, I have other bikes for more spirited riding. From what I can gather on here I will need something with very small head pipes or maybe stepped head pipes, the conundrum I am in is anything that looks good on a tracker has 13/4” head pipes, my last tracker had Omar’s pipes and they looked and sounded amazing (the motor was hopped up), but man where they crap on the highway or just putting around and I want this motor to run better than stock.
Anyone have a suggestion? my last option would be to build my own.

Since Gary Hoos and Omars are not offering their pipes anymore the pickins are getting pretty slim. Gunn Design, Classic bike in the UK, Pandemonium Ya Mama :shrug: and Jemco with the ugliest right front pipe bend I`ve ever seen, are about the only vendors left. I don`t know of any vendors for the low Half Mile Pipes. I`m in the process of building a set of High Left side pipes for my tracker make over. The supply of mandrel bends offered are never the right radius or length. I`ve been researching different brands of bends for the last 2 days without much luck. The DYI XS650 kits are all 1 1/2" and way too small for me. I`ve been using 1 5/8"but the supplier I was using changed vendors and all the radius are too small. Also I`m using the large fin 750 kit and now there are new clearance problems to build around. Looks like Hooker might have some bends I can use. Premium price though but oh well, why not?

That Delkovic pipe is good value and would look the part with a big megaphone. I wonder what the head pipe diameter is? It says stock replacement so I would imagine it to be nice and small, I also wonder how a 2-1 works with a 277* twin?

I didn’t see any high left side systems on there maybe they are sold out. The Mac systems are 13/4” head pipes that are too big for my application. I was looking at Cone engineering for diy kits they offer a bunch of different pre bent tubes, they also have some nice stainless megaphone mufflers.
Is there someone that offers the flanges for the head?

Classic Bike Shop UK Says they have them in stock 1 1/2" tubing.
b005666e31e54ade459a22e141c561b5.jpg

I’ve got a set of those Cone 12” megaphones. Great quality and sound nice. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for. They are 1-1/2” single wall head pipes. CONE will make them in whatever diameter inlet you want though.
IMG_0817.jpegIMG_0812.jpeg

I’ve got a set of those Cone 12” megaphones. Great quality and sound nice. They are pricey, but you get what you pay for. They are 1-1/2” single wall head pipes. CONE will make them in whatever diameter inlet you want though.
View attachment 246704View attachment 246705
Dang that exhaust looks beautiful on that bike...really fits the lines just right. 🥰

View attachment 246704View attachment 246705
Beautiful!! Hope mine looks even close as clean I'll be happy! Is that the bars your selling?

No, the bars in that picture are No. 10 tracker bars. Pm me if you’d like to see pics with the cb750 bars installed.

Back